Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Else Having Wild Weather
Country Kids 06:29 AM 03-13-2012
Oh my goodness! Last week in one day we had sun, snow, sleet, snow and rain. The next day it was rainy then two days of almost 70 degree weather. A yucky, rainy, cold weekend came after the two beautiful day. Yesterday we had very, very strong winds and just down right cold and then rain started last night. Temps dropped it started snowing and we are under winter weather advisories till 9:00 this morning. This afternoon they are calling for more wind and lots of rain from today through the weekend.

My plans for being outside every day are not going to happen. The winds we had yesterday were very strong and thats again today. I'm so ready for spring!
SilverSabre25 11:26 AM 03-13-2012
It's a weirder season than usual, but not unheard of.

It is gorgeous and warm right now and will be all week, but early March is often great around here...we come IN like a lamb and go OUT like a lion!
bice99 11:29 AM 03-13-2012
Country Kids, you must be located near Portland, Oregon, because we have had the exact same weather. Kids were supposed to go to school today even though we have 6 inches of snow at our house. So my girls are home on a personal snow day! Cannot pass up a good snowfall in our area. They were out from 7:45-10:30 and are about to head out again. I just have 2 9 m/o's today.
Lilbutterflie 12:23 PM 03-13-2012
Here in TX we had a SUPER drought during the summer/fall. Lake levels dropped almost 20 feet. Super hot and dry.

Winter was very mild. We usually see lots of icy conditions and snow a few times during the winter... none of that at all this year.

Spring came for us about 3-4 weeks ago! We have had a rainy start to our year; but the temps are mild and we are loving it! Temps this week went into the 80's. Love love it. But I am really scared we are going to have another super hot summer.
Heidi 03:34 PM 03-13-2012
It's 64 now...at 5:30 pm....in WI.....in March

Tommorow a high of 77! In WISCONSIN....in MARCH!

Wierd weather alright...but no one here better be complaining!
MrsB 03:38 PM 03-13-2012
Originally Posted by bice99:
Country Kids, you must be located near Portland, Oregon, because we have had the exact same weather. Kids were supposed to go to school today even though we have 6 inches of snow at our house. So my girls are home on a personal snow day! Cannot pass up a good snowfall in our area. They were out from 7:45-10:30 and are about to head out again. I just have 2 9 m/o's today.
I am originally from Eugene! All my family is still in Eugene and Portland.

Weather here is weird too. This weekend we had snow and had a fire built. Today 80 degrees and had to turn the A/C on.
Tags:weather
Reply Up