Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Does a Normal Day or You Look Like?
DancingQueen 02:51 AM 09-15-2010
that is the question I get at most of my interviews. Right now I have mostly young kids so our days are not that glorious so it sounds lame when I answer the question.
And I know they don't want the detailed answers about all the time outs, redirecting, fight break ups, cleaning up after constant toy spills, the tantrums, the screaming fits for absolutely no reason, the bickering.. oh and let us not forget the endless stream of crappy diapers..LOL

so....
What does a normal day look like for you?
Unregistered 05:03 AM 09-15-2010
I have 3 kids of my own 2 of them are in school till 2pm they are 10 and 7 years old then my little girl who is soon to be 3 years old and I have to daycare boys ages 9 months and 15 months old here is what our daycare day looks like.

8am-arrival
8am-8:30am- breakfest, and change diapers
8:30am-11am- play time inside
11am-11:30am- Lunch, and diaper changes
11:30am-2pm- naptime
2pm-2:30pm- snack time, and diaper changes
2:30pm-5pm- playtime outside
5pm-5:30pm- clean up time, and change diapers
5:30pm- dismassil

Yup sounds so fun doesnt it lol.
seashell 07:05 AM 09-15-2010
Here's our schedule

730 - 900 Arrival, free play and breakfast
900 - we go downstairs to our classroom for circle time, group time, project, snack.
1130 outside time or indoor free play
1230 lunch
1 story and nap
3 snack and story
330 outdoor play or structured activity
430 upstairs and free play while waiting for pick up

Hope this helps
katie 07:21 AM 09-15-2010
I feel ya. It is one thing to give an ideal schedule but the reality is so different! lol
In August I printed out what the school year would look like. Ex. Week 1 is letter A, number 1, color, shape. Week 2 etc. So the parents know that each day we will be working on these things. Then I printed out what a general schedule would be. They were fine with that. I also give these out when I am taking a new family and so far all have been fine with it. Nobody has needed extreme details of schedule as they know I have my hands full and each day will vary based on the things you listed i.e. fights and tantrums! The fights are killing me this week! If they do need extreme detail by the minute they are going to be high maintenance!
kidkair 12:34 PM 09-16-2010
What I tell parents:
Free play
clean up and snack
potty and diapers
curriculum fun
outdoor time
indoor time
clean up and lunch
potty and diapers
books
nap/quiet time