Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sickness Policy, Asking Parents for Lysol, Disinfectant Wipes
mac60 03:20 AM 09-17-2009
With all the hype going around about the cold and flu season and how it is going to be really bad.............

1. What is going to be your sickness policy for the upcoming flu season? I know they are saying no contact with others until fever free for 24 hours WITHOUT tylenol or other meds to bring the fever down. How can we possibly enforce that. As the parents can medicate the child before they bring them, then their fever spikes, then they are at dc with a fever.

2. What is your schedule for cleaning and disinfecting toys and other things used in your daycare setting.

3. Do you use spray products like Lysol on a regular basis.

4. Have you considered asking parents to bring in a can of disinfectant spray and antibacterial wipes to help curb the cost of keeping down sickness within your dc.

5. What main products do you use for cleaning.

Me, I use Spic and Span Antibacterial Spray, Foaming Bathroom Disinfectent, Lysol Disinfectant wipes, Lysol Spray, I just bought Lysol Anywhere Sanitizing Spray, and my true and trusty spray bottle of water and dish soap. The Spic and Span and Foaming Bathroom Cleaner come from Dollar General so very cheap, I tend to buy ******* Lysol Spray, I can't justify the $4 a can for "Lysol".
seashell 05:04 AM 09-17-2009
Originally Posted by mac60:
With all the hype going around about the cold and flu season and how it is going to be really bad.............

1. What is going to be your sickness policy for the upcoming flu season? I know they are saying no contact with others until fever free for 24 hours WITHOUT tylenol or other meds to bring the fever down. How can we possibly enforce that. As the parents can medicate the child before they bring them, then their fever spikes, then they are at dc with a fever.

2. What is your schedule for cleaning and disinfecting toys and other things used in your daycare setting.

3. Do you use spray products like Lysol on a regular basis.

4. Have you considered asking parents to bring in a can of disinfectant spray and antibacterial wipes to help curb the cost of keeping down sickness within your dc.

5. What main products do you use for cleaning.

Me, I use Spic and Span Antibacterial Spray, Foaming Bathroom Disinfectent, Lysol Disinfectant wipes, Lysol Spray, I just bought Lysol Anywhere Sanitizing Spray, and my true and trusty spray bottle of water and dish soap. The Spic and Span and Foaming Bathroom Cleaner come from Dollar General so very cheap, I tend to buy ******* Lysol Spray, I can't justify the $4 a can for "Lysol".

I just sent home a copy of the health policy with the kids along with a letter that told them what I was doing here to keep germs from spreading.

I use lots of purell on the kids hands (The all smell like they've been drinking by the end of the day!)

I have 2 baskets of infant toys. While one is sitting in bleach and water, the other is being played with. They get put in a dirty basket when they are done with them.

I use lysol wipes and lysol spray.on toys, door handles, the top of the gates, etc.

I don't ask the parents to provide cleaning supplies. I don't think it's appropriate. Protecting their health and safety is my job, supplies included.
Unregistered 06:41 AM 09-17-2009
I think we are all just going to have to clean and disinfect like mad women! Lots and lots and lots of cleaning and wiping and Purelling. And I agree, with not asking parents to supply things. But you COULD send home a copy of the sickness policy, tell them what your plans are and say that any DONATIONS of *** wipes, *** spray, etc, etc are appreciated! I'd bet you get some!
Tags:cleaning solution, disinfectant, sanitize
Reply Up