Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Empty Diaper boxes? Any ideas on what to do with them?
childcarebytori 07:21 AM 01-06-2012
My dcparents bring in jumbo/super sized diaper boxes. I don't really have a problem with it, I can easily store the packages underneath the changing table.

The boxes are a huge pain - especially since I feel like I'm wasting good boxes by just throwing them out.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can utilize the boxes? I'd love to put them to good use.

TIA!
Cat Herder 07:24 AM 01-06-2012
Wrap them up like a gift in colored contact paper for use as blocks.

Flatten them, store for art projects, etc..
mema 07:28 AM 01-06-2012
Mine DCG likes to push babies around in them!
My dd used to love to just sit in them!
Let the kids make a diorama (sp?). Paint the inside with green for grass and blue for sky. Make trees, flowers, butterflies, etc and glue them in. Get the little people or lego figures out and play!
melskids 07:39 AM 01-06-2012
Cut them up and use them to paint/draw/glue 3D collages on. Cardboard is a preferred material around here to paint on.

Line them up as train cars...my kids favorite!

I actually use mine as file boxes for my hanging files. cheap and free.

Turn them sideways, stack them together, secure with duct tape or hot glue and voila! you have a shelf for toys!
Cat Herder 08:05 AM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by melskids:
Turn them sideways, stack them together, secure with duct tape or hot glue and voila! you have a shelf for toys!
....or a new doll house....
melskids 08:19 AM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by Catherder:
....or a new doll house....
ohhhh...that IS a cute idea!

Ive also seen them turned into malboxes, and washer and dryers for doll clothes!
MichellesKiddos 08:40 AM 01-06-2012
I just recently saw a page on pinterest (such an addiction!) about what to do with left-over diaper boxes. If you have the space, take different colored/patterned fabric and wrap them up like a bin and take different ribbons, buttons, accessories and TADA! you have new storage bins for whatever you'd like!
Reply Up