Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just Curious How You'd Handle This
Puddleduck 08:42 AM 06-28-2011
I have a dcb who will be 4 next month. He is potty trained BUT his dad taught him that it is okay to pee outside at their house. Of course it is very much NOT okay for him to pee outside here but he doesn't seem to get the difference. He also has some developmental delays and I'm not sure he quite understands when I explain to him the difference between his home and mine. Anyway today he peed outside into a big bin filled with toys and I'm fairly unhappy about this. Not quite sure how to proceed. Thoughts? Thanks!
Cat Herder 08:48 AM 06-28-2011
Originally Posted by Puddleduck:
I have a dcb who will be 4 next month. He is potty trained BUT his dad taught him that it is okay to pee outside at their house. Of course it is very much NOT okay for him to pee outside here but he doesn't seem to get the difference. He also has some developmental delays and I'm not sure he quite understands when I explain to him the difference between his home and mine. Anyway today he peed outside into a big bin filled with toys and I'm fairly unhappy about this. Not quite sure how to proceed. Thoughts? Thanks!
Backwards Over-Alls and Onesies for the DCB.

Parent conference for expected parental involvement with a deadline for corrective action.
seashell 08:49 AM 06-28-2011
Ewwww! I would explain to the child that it is NOT acceptable to pee outside and hand dad the toys to clean! Gross!
daycare 08:56 AM 06-28-2011
we just came back from a really long road trip. While on the trip, there were several ocassions where we had to let my son out of the car to pee on the side of the road.

first day back to DC my son went and peed on the side of the house while at outside play time.

daddy had a long talk to him about it and made him wash it down with the hose. told him that he had to use the toilet.

I would tell the parents right away about it and ask them to pay for cleaning supplies to clean the toys.
Puddleduck 09:11 AM 06-28-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Backwards Over-Alls and Onesies for the DCB.

Parent conference for expected parental involvement with a deadline for corrective action.
Love the overalls idea! Thank you!
Meyou 09:16 AM 06-28-2011
I had a 4 year old DCB pee on my rhubarb the other day. Grrrrr. He went to time out and got a stern talking to about going potty and he hasn't done it again. He IS allowed to pee outside at his grandfather's farm behind the barn but he understood just fine that it was inside to the washroom here or timeout city.
sahm2three 12:50 PM 06-28-2011
I had a 7 yo dcb who I caught peeing all over my riding lawn mower under my deck last summer. I was livid! He lost going down into the big yard with the big kids and had to stay with me with the babies until further notice. He didn't pee on my stuff again!
Christian Mother 01:50 PM 06-28-2011
I have a little guy not quite 3 yr old yet. His parents taught him to pee outside first bc they own a car lot which doesn't have a bathroom in the office. When mom and dad told me of this I had to quickly explain that that can not happen here at all bc it's a sanitary issue here. Not to mention we don't want him getting confused as to where he needs to be going. I explained it might be best to pick up one of those cute little toilet for little guy that looks like a toilet and also makes flushing sounds to get in into the grove of it. We started potty training at my house he's got it down here really well. Not sure if he is going out side at his parents office. But as long as he's not doing it here I'm good..lol!!
Kaddidle Care 06:43 PM 06-28-2011
Ahhh summer! It's one of the first things that Daddy usually gets involved with. Dontcha love it?

Not appropriate in public.

It's one thing if it's an emergency but Daddies love to teach the little boys that first camping "skill".

First train the parents, then the kids.

Bleach the heck out of the toys and you're good to go.
sharlan 07:18 PM 06-28-2011
Sometimes I think it's a cultural issue.

I don't encourage it, end of story.

A couple of times my 3 yo has gotten out of the pool, then peed at the side because he couldn't make it into the house. Granted, it takes a few to get everyone out of the pool, swimmies off, dry off, and make it to the bathroom at the other end of the house. I don't encourage it, but I would rather he pee on the back side of the pool than in the middle of my livingroom carpet.

My neighbors allowed their son to pee wherever he wanted outside, front or back.

I would definitely have a talk with the parents and explain to them that this is not acceptable. Even though urine is sterile, you still have to sanitize everything.
Tags:parent conference
Reply Up