Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do I Say???
littlemisssunshine 12:57 PM 04-05-2012
So last month I spoke to a parent about paying me the month in advance instead of weekly AFTER I took care of the child for the whole week. So today she paid me BUT she only paid me for this week. Should I tell her if she can't pay me monthly to pay me weekly before I take the child in? How should I tell her in a professional nice way?
I haven't spoken to her about it yet, she automatically transferred the payment to my account so I didn't see til after she left how much it was
cheerfuldom 01:23 PM 04-05-2012
Send a professional email reminding her that all payments must be made in advance. You can accept advance by the week, or advance by the month but she must let you know immediately which she will be doing. You cannot care for children when an advance payment has not been received, no exception.
Babybear911 01:30 PM 04-05-2012
All my daycare parents have to give me a years worth of post dated cheques. All cheques dated the last day of the month for the next month. Eg... May 31 for JUNE services. Ect... If I don't get a years worth of post dated cheques I don't provide child care services. that's in the first line of my contract and I receive all cheques with contract. Then...money isn't an issue and I can focus on childcare! Btw...if anyone bounced a cheque they would be on probation. One more bounced cheque and they would be terminated. Have never had problems but it's all in my contract so they know what to expect.
daycare 01:36 PM 04-05-2012
I would call her and just say:

Hello susan, I just took note of my bank account and noticed that you paid $xx. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding when we last communicated about payments. I had the understanding that you were going to be making monthly payments, one month in advance.

Let DCM talk.......

THen if she seems lost, tell her, please don't forget that per our contract, all payments need to be paid in advance, wither you make them weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. Currently, you are now a week behind. How would you like to resolve this? let her talk......

I don't do letters when money is owed...Call and communicate so that there are NO more misunderstandings and make sure everything is out in the clear.
cheerfuldom 01:53 PM 04-05-2012
Originally Posted by Babybear911:
All my daycare parents have to give me a years worth of post dated cheques. All cheques dated the last day of the month for the next month. Eg... May 31 for JUNE services. Ect... If I don't get a years worth of post dated cheques I don't provide child care services. that's in the first line of my contract and I receive all cheques with contract. Then...money isn't an issue and I can focus on childcare! Btw...if anyone bounced a cheque they would be on probation. One more bounced cheque and they would be terminated. Have never had problems but it's all in my contract so they know what to expect.
never heard of this before....but boy do you have yourself covered if they try to skip out on you
cheerfuldom 01:55 PM 04-05-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
I would call her and just say:

Hello susan, I just took note of my bank account and noticed that you paid $xx. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding when we last communicated about payments. I had the understanding that you were going to be making monthly payments, one month in advance.

Let DCM talk.......

THen if she seems lost, tell her, please don't forget that per our contract, all payments need to be paid in advance, wither you make them weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. Currently, you are now a week behind. How would you like to resolve this? let her talk......

I don't do letters when money is owed...Call and communicate so that there are NO more misunderstandings and make sure everything is out in the clear.
mmm....I do letters so things ARE clear and I can refer back to my letter in future conversations. Its so easy for parents to say "you never said that..." "thats not what we talked about" and that sort of thing and then you get to have the same conversation over and over. Clear, short, firm letters work well for me. Its even better when you make them sign that they understand and will adhere to the rules in the future or pay X amount in fees. nothing like having it in writing! Havent had any issues with payments for at least two years, but probably more, can't remember the last time.
Reply Up