Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does Anybody Have All Of One Gender?
cheerfuldom 08:57 AM 05-05-2011
Right now I have my three girls and all my daycare kids are girls. It's been a few months since we had any boys here and I am thinking we probably won't be getting anymore because most parents would want their son to have another boy to play with. I actually am really loving all girls!
Mrs.Ky 09:03 AM 05-05-2011
Both of my dck are boys I havent had a girl in daycare beside my own child in 3 years.
blueclouds29 09:08 AM 05-05-2011
All boys.. Seems like a boy population here. My poor daughter is out numbered in the house.
momofthree 09:09 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
Right now I have my three girls and all my daycare kids are girls. It's been a few months since we had any boys here and I am thinking we probably won't be getting anymore because most parents would want their son to have another boy to play with. I actually am really loving all girls!
For about once year I had four boys. I love it. They were very adventurous.
We will go for walks they will pick up sticks, rocks, leaves, pine cone and then put it in a basket in the entrance way. All the parents used to love to see what the kids find.
We found ladybug too
Hunni Bee 10:48 AM 05-05-2011
For a while I had 9 boys and 2 girls. But all of the newcomers in the past few months have been girls, so we've pretty much evened out, but all of my part-timers are girls, so its still mostly a sausage-fest

I personally am partial to girls. My girls will play together with anything all day, they keep the rooms (esp. the bathroom!!) cleaner, and I like to do things such as make books, do crafts, plant flowers with my kiddos. My boys are interested, but they eventually take everything over (let ME do it!! its MY turn!!) . I love my guys thought.
KEG123 10:56 AM 05-05-2011
not quite. I just started up but m-f I have my 3 year old son and a 17 month old daycare boy. On wed-fri i have boy/girl twins.
SunflowerMama 10:59 AM 05-05-2011
I have 2 boys and 6 girls but the boys are leaving in July. So then we'll be all girls. I love the girl power .
WDW 11:20 AM 05-05-2011
All girls here... and just found out the upcoming baby is also a girl.
daycare 11:22 AM 05-05-2011
on fridays I have only boys... The rest of the time its even down the middle.
Pammie 11:32 AM 05-05-2011
All boys here except one 3yo girl. Even the infants waiting to start are boys:-)

I guess I'm in the minority here - I love my girls - but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my boys. Yes, they're dirtier, messier, rougher on each other and my home than girls can be. They can get into huge tiffs, but are over it - and back to being best friends - in minutes. They are much, much, much less drama than any group of girls I've even known.

I don't handle drama well
cheerfuldom 12:00 PM 05-05-2011
yeah girls are more drama. I would agree with that. However I handle that a lot better than the over the top rowdiness that comes with boys. Its also harder in general to do any focused activity when boys are involved. I realized that is a stereotype but it is what I have found to be true.
childcarebytori 12:06 PM 05-05-2011
I have eight children enrolled and they are all girls ranging from 3 months to 3.5 years. I am getting two more infants in July and they, coincidentally, are also girls. Must be something in the water over here.

My daycare families LOVE the all-girl atmosphere.
wdmmom 01:31 PM 05-05-2011
4 boys and 1 girl!

Girls seem to be slim pickins around here!
SilverSabre25 01:35 PM 05-05-2011
A year ago I had almost all girls...now I have almost all boys! And it doesn't look like that is going to change anytime soon, lol.
Michael 01:44 PM 05-05-2011
Another same gender thread: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...er+-+one+sided
sahm1225 06:07 PM 05-05-2011
I have 10 boys! My DD 20 mos is the only girl. I have a few dolls for her and now some of the boys are starting to play with dolls/babies.

Lately all the inquiries I get are for girls, so it mustve been in the water for all boys!
kathiemarie 07:09 AM 05-06-2011
I have 4 girls and 1 boy. It's the boy that is a drama queen here!
sassysue 07:47 AM 05-06-2011
Eight,yes you read that right eight girls!! I've had alot of girls since I've opened 5 years ago.Only three boys and never at the same time. It's like that at the chools here too.girls everywhere!!
Tags:gender - one sided
Reply Up