Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>California Licensing Question
Unregistered 10:06 AM 08-24-2012
For those of you living in Los Angeles, CA. How long after you submitted your family childcare forms, did you get the confirmation letter with your facility number?
sharlan 10:21 AM 08-24-2012
I got my facility # in about 2 weeks.
Unregistered 10:39 AM 08-24-2012
Thank You. How long was it before they came to inspect you(fire and/or licensing)?
Oneluckymom 12:24 PM 08-24-2012
I think it took about 3 weeks for me. I then had my first unannounced inspection 11mo later....but you can definately expect your first unannounced inspection anytime 6 months after getting licensed.

Good luck !!
sharlan 12:29 PM 08-24-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Thank You. How long was it before they came to inspect you(fire and/or licensing)?
Are you talking about your prelicensing inspection? Mine took about 3 mos with me calling the analyst weekly until he gave up and came out. Once he came out, he signed my license the next day and e-mailed it to me.
daycare 01:01 PM 08-24-2012
Im also in CA and I just think that it all depends on the county. Here where I am the county is backed up and short staffed, so its taking a really long time to get things going. I have a friend down in newport beach and it took them only about a month from the time she submitted everything.
DCMama 01:16 PM 08-24-2012
Mine was within 3-5 days...my analysis found me it was kinda funny to be honest
AmyLeigh 01:20 PM 08-24-2012
Mine took for.ev.er. But that was in the middle of all that budget nonsense, too. Then, all of a sudden, I get a call and it was like, we need to hurry up and get this done! Gotta love working with government agencies.
Reply Up