Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Opinions?
Josiegirl 11:12 AM 01-08-2017
I was thinking of getting something like this for the back yard. What do you think of it?
Only downside I can see is, as was mentioned in a review, the windows would be easy for a child to tumble out of.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...9c26759f6d6a66

sahm1225 11:31 AM 01-08-2017
Very cute!! Would you have padding under it? I like the open windows, I'm actually not a fan of the ones that are all closed up. I have a one level house with just a small window and we end up with wasps trying to build nests in it. Plus it makes me claustrophobic when I go in it go inspect it!
Play Care 05:04 AM 01-09-2017
I like that a lot. My regs say I would have to have it over a padded surface (wood chips, playground foam, etc)
Josiegirl 09:48 AM 01-09-2017
Oh yeh, would definitely have to have padding underneath. I've always used wood chips and probably need to get another couple loads this year.
Cat Herder 09:58 AM 01-09-2017
Check your "resilient surface" regs. Here, It has to be measured from the top peak for ground cover calculation.

Just eyeballing it I'd guess 74 feet deep, with an 80ft clearance, plus a moat with lifeguard on duty. Daily parent permission forms required, of course..

It would require too much $$ in mulch and landscaping timbers, here, to make it affordable. Fingers crossed your regs are more friendly.
daycarediva 11:07 AM 01-09-2017
Love it! I would want it indoors. I REALLY want a loft, but my regs require a padded surface underneath them. So no loft for me.
DaveA 11:09 AM 01-09-2017
Looks cool. I'm sure they'd love it. Double check regs on it though.
MyAngels 11:44 AM 01-09-2017
We bought something similar for my granddaughter's birthday last year and she loves it. I'm too leery of liability to have it at the daycare though

Be warned - it took a finely oiled team of 5 people 10 hours to assemble the one we bought . Hubby managed the directions and helped my two sons do the actual assembly, and my daughter and I sorted and managed all of the various parts and hardware for each step. If I had to do it again I'd probably just pay to have it assembled
Josiegirl 02:51 PM 01-09-2017
Maybe when I get another week off I'll sit down and read my new regs. I've had the LT 8 in 1 climbing structure for years and have always had wood chips but yeh, you're right, I'm sure they've changed. I'll look into that.

Cat Herder, so how old would this life guard be? And is he handy with tools? Just wondering.....
Michael 06:50 PM 01-09-2017
A thread with more examples of wooden playhouses: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82193
Tags:playhouse - wood
Reply Up