Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Going to K gift
jojosmommy 07:13 PM 08-10-2012
Anyone have any ideas for a gift for a kid going to K?

She will be staying with me in the Fall but has mentioned she is pretty nervous about going to K.

I found "jitter glitter" ideas online through pinterest and google. I think I will make some and send it with her the week before school starts.

I also thought about having a pre-k prep pamper day. She is really girly so I thought about having her over for an hour or so to paint nails, do girly stuff. Mom would approve, and they live real close so that would not be an issue.

My son brought up a fancy new headband or hair thing. He obv listens to everything this girl says about dress up .

Any other ideas? Anything you have done in the past that was awesome?
AnythingsPossible 06:20 AM 08-13-2012
A book basket with books all revolving around going to school/starting kindergarten.
VTMom 06:30 AM 08-13-2012
[quote=AnythingsPossible;253893]A book basket with books all revolving around going to school/starting kindergarten.[/QUOTE

The Kissing Hand is a great book for school anxiety.

I just bought canvas book bags, fabric markers, and a bunch of school supplies for my crew heading off to school. We'll decorate the bags and I'll fill them (crayons, scissors, paper, tape, glue stick, funky pencil, sharpener, etc) at the end of the week to get ready/excited for school.
Crazy8 06:37 AM 08-13-2012
I usually just give a pencil box filled with school supplies - get them cheap this time of year! there are lots of cute books about going to kindergarten too.
Reply Up