Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>I Thought Tax Software Was Supposed To Make Things Easier!
marniewon 08:11 PM 02-08-2011
*sigh*......I have all the paperwork (at least for my business) done on actual paper. I did my return using TaxAct and it's completely different! I showed (on paper) a profit of $1565 and TA shows a loss of over $2000! I've reviewed the info on TA several times and cannot find the error. And I can't see the actual forms (except 1040) until I pay for the filing. I have always used the "have fees taken out of tax return" type of payment, but that doesn't seem to be an option this time around.

Not really looking for advice - unless you know what I could be doing wrong! - just a vent I guess.
TomCopeland 08:50 PM 02-08-2011
Yes, tax software can be a pain. Usually, I can open up the pages of the tax forms to see what's on each line before I have to pay for the software. Sounds like that can't be done with TaxAct.

My advice is to pay for the software but don't file it until you can see what the difference is and fix it.

Join me for a webinar February 28 - How to Reduce Your Taxes for 2010 and 2011 - For details: https://www.daycare.com/news/taxes/t...d-webinar.html
Tags:form 1040, tax software, taxact, tom copeland
Reply Up