Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bunny Poop
jen 06:01 AM 03-17-2011
So, my backyard is pretty wet and muddy so we've playing in the front yard...now I have a new problem. BUNNY POOP!

OMG! It is everywhere! How in the world do you clean up bunny poop?

There isn't any bunny poop in the back (fence) so we can deal with the mud, but I don't really want to have to keep them completely out of the front yard. We live on a cul de sac so they like to "bike" in the circle.

Anyone else have bunny poop troubles?
SilverSabre25 06:23 AM 03-17-2011
Get a cat? Or a dog?
SandeeAR 06:23 AM 03-17-2011
Put out a few plastic snakes. I would think that would keep the bunnies out of the yard altogether.
nannyde 07:12 AM 03-17-2011
Can you capture the bunnies and eat them? I love me some Bugs Bunny

I have the same issue with my front garden. Every cat in the hood likes to use it as their personal potty in the winter. I can't even SEE it because I'm three quarters blind and it looks like regular dirt to me. I know it's in there because the brown pup makes a bee line for it every time she gets out front.

IT'S DISGUSTING

I had to shut down my front garden because they wouldn't stay out of it. We grew some amazing veggies in our kids garden for two years and then I just stopped doing it. I'm afraid of what can be passed from them.
TBird 07:29 AM 03-17-2011
Still trying to figure out what to do with GOOSE POOP. I'd be so glad to see some bunny poop right now, I'd probably go out there and roll around in it!!!
jen 07:40 AM 03-17-2011
LOL! Looks like poop problems abound!

I do have to wonder if that snake idea might work!?

Nan, I have a confession. I am a picky eater when it comes to meat...

No Bambie, Thumper or Nemo...unless Nemo is halibut or salmon (and not so much then either...)
No Buffalo, Elk, or Moose
Not a big fan of pork...
Definitely not lamb
nannyde 07:44 AM 03-17-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
LOL! Looks like poop problems abound!

I do have to wonder if that snake idea might work!?

Nan, I have a confession. I am a picky eater when it comes to meat...

No Bambie, Thumper or Nemo...unless Nemo is halibut or salmon (and not so much then either...)
No Buffalo, Elk, or Moose
Not a big fan of pork...
Definitely not lamb

Thumper is yummy.... tastes like chicken

We love meat here. BIG meat eaters. BIG eaters.... pretty much. Food is our favorite part of the day.
daysofelijah 08:14 AM 03-17-2011
You could see the trails the bunnies made all through the snow by the poop they left along the way in my backyard. They lived under our trailer for the winter.

I don't know why they stay. Our cat killed all the baby bunnies last year, but they don't seem to move on.

I wish bunny poop was all I had to worry about. I am so tired of dealing with our two dogs poop. Why is everything always the mom's job?
jen 08:32 AM 03-17-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:

Thumper is yummy.... tastes like chicken

We love meat here. BIG meat eaters. BIG eaters.... pretty much. Food is our favorite part of the day.
Food is big for us too. We are big in to organic and whole foods, I truly think that proper whole food nutrition, exercise and systematic stress reduction would eliminate more than 1/2 of the illness hitting the health care system each year. It is a shame that we don't have more resources allocated to education...but then again, food is big business, as is health care, so perhaps the powers that be have too much to lose.
morgan24 08:44 AM 03-17-2011
I'd rather have bunny poop. We have turkey poop everywhere, even on the sidewalk. My dog chases them away a couple of times everyday. Good thing my outside play area is fenced.
MommyMuffin 09:16 AM 03-17-2011
I have the problem with bunny poop and all the muddy spots. I would rather have bunny poop than goose poop anyday!!! We may have to just play in the backyard to avoid the poop. Those darn bunnies.
E Daycare 09:19 AM 03-17-2011
Anyone else have bunny poop troubles?
YES!!! My ds will stand on the deck, look down and go "ewwww poopie...gross". LMAO
TBird 09:36 AM 03-17-2011
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
I have the problem with bunny poop and all the muddy spots. I would rather have bunny poop than goose poop anyday!!! We may have to just play in the backyard to avoid the poop. Those darn bunnies.
HELLOOOOOO!!! Bunny poop is like little droppings from heaven compared to goose poop...JUST NASTY!!!
nannyde 09:45 AM 03-17-2011
Food is big for us too. We are big in to organic and whole foods, I truly think that proper whole food nutrition, exercise and systematic stress reduction would eliminate more than 1/2 of the illness hitting the health care system each year. It is a shame that we don't have more resources allocated to education...but then again, food is big business, as is health care, so perhaps the powers that be have too much to lose.
Exactly

The Centers I work for in my consult business tell me now that Doritos are an acceptable VEGETABLE now on their food program. I haven't verified that so I'm just sayin.... WOW oh WOW

Tell me about your systematic stress reduction. I have a system I use that is sort of brick in the wall to a calm stable environment but I'm interested in actual technique geared towards that.

I've looked a little into kiddie yoga but my kids are sooooooo easy going now that I don't want to have them sleeping thru play time.

Talk to me.
laundrymom 09:52 AM 03-17-2011
OMG, this is almost as unacceptable for suing your preschool because your kid didnt get into harvard!

Exactly

The Centers I work for in my consult business tell me now that Doritos are an acceptable VEGETABLE now on their food program. I haven't verified that so I'm just sayin.... WOW oh WOW

Tell me about your systematic stress reduction. I have a system I use that is sort of brick in the wall to a calm stable environment but I'm interested in actual technique geared towards that.

I've looked a little into kiddie yoga but my kids are sooooooo easy going now that I don't want to have them sleeping thru play time.

Talk to me.

jen 11:01 AM 03-17-2011
Exactly

Talk to me.
We do some kiddie yoga! What I have really come to realize is that trying to stuff too much in to one day, isn't fun for anyone...it's stressful. We have ALOT of outdoor play, alot of free play, good, long naps, good, healthy food, lots of stories. We are not being rushed from activity to activity.

Preschool sells here...I have others come in once a week to teach it. I do an activity or so a week, but only if we're all feeling it. I don't have a bazililon things on the wall or ALL the toys out at once. We rotate the toys everything 3 months or so...it's like they are new again every time.

I really have managed to reduce my daycare-life stress to a minimum, but still working on the rest of life!
nannyde 06:54 AM 03-18-2011
One of my nearly two year olds was looking at a big quilted cloth book yesterday and came across a doe.

She says "Nan wook.... bunny goat"

E Daycare 10:26 AM 03-18-2011
One of my nearly two year olds was looking at a big quilted cloth book yesterday and came across a doe.

She says "Nan wook.... bunny goat"

Oh man this made me lol! Adorable
Blackcat31 10:44 AM 03-18-2011
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...7975420115.jpg

This the only kind of bunny poop we have. LOL!!
nannyde 12:09 PM 03-18-2011
Originally Posted by E Daycare:
Oh man this made me lol! Adorable
I wonder if Michael could change my name to "Bunny Goat Whisperer"
Tags:outdoor, poop, rabbits
Reply Up