Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wow, That is One I Have Never Heard!
sahm2three 07:52 AM 09-24-2010
Ok, I have this family, who has a preschooler. I take the preschooler to school and pick him up. Well, said preschooler came home with a snack list the other day from school and the mom comes to me this morning with the list and says, "I figure you should have this since you are in charge of snacks." I say, "What do you mean?" She says, "Well, you are on the food program so you have to do the snacks, right?" I said, "Yes, for YOUR son, not his entire class!" She looked shocked. Are you kidding me?!?! How could she possibly think that *I* would be responsible for the entire class?!?!?!
DCMomOf3 08:00 AM 09-24-2010
WTH? Do you pay for his lunches too? That mom needs to think about what she is saying.
marniewon 08:25 AM 09-24-2010
Wow! You really have to wonder about some people!
bgmeyers 08:49 AM 09-24-2010
Is she a total nut job? Can not believe this.
Live and Learn 08:53 AM 09-24-2010
......You mean you didn't offer to do her family's grocery shopping for her too?!.....While you are at it you wouldn't mind filling the lunch room fridge at her work with healthy delicious snacks....
TGT09 09:24 AM 09-24-2010
Holy craziness! That lady had a bowl of nutty O's for breakfast!
Unregistered 09:34 AM 09-24-2010
Just when you think you've heard it all, some nut case comes along and ups the ante!
sahm2three 11:52 AM 09-24-2010
Wow! She just texted me and told me that she and her boyfriend thought that I was responsible for the snacks and meals during the day so that is why she thought I would be in charge of snacks at school. I told her that while I am responsible for her child when he is HERE, I am not responsible for him when he is at school. If the school gives out a snack list for SCHOOL, then it is their responsibility. They are young, and may just not quite understand the way things go, but wow!
DCMomOf3 11:57 AM 09-24-2010
Wow is all I can say.
MarinaVanessa 12:27 PM 09-24-2010
Wow is deffinetely the word that I would use also. I am speachless.
AfterSchoolMom 06:30 AM 09-25-2010
How many kids are in the child's class? These parents actually expect YOU to pay to feed a whole class of children that have nothing whatsoever to do with you?! That's high up on the list of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

Of course, you could agree to do it - for an extra (hefty) fee. And make it worth your while.
Childminder 06:51 AM 09-25-2010
That made me laugh out loud. Some people don't have enough brain cells to even have children.
Tags:food program, preschoolers, snacks
Reply Up