Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Payment Box?
DBug 08:31 AM 09-13-2010
I've noticed a few people mention having a payment box for dc parents to drop their payment in. I've been considering getting something by my front door, since I have a few families who drop off payment on Fridays, even though their child isn't scheduled for care that day. It would be nice to not have to get up every time to answer the door just for a payment drop-off.

So, if you have one, what do you use? And is it locked somehow?
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:11 AM 09-13-2010
I use a locking postal mailbox, payments are required to be in envelopes, sealed with the amount dates covered, and childs name. If it is cash they count it to me, seal it in front of me, and then place it in the slot. (fyi, I also keep my blank cdr and dvd discs in it to keep my teens from using them all. lololol)
DCMom 09:20 AM 09-13-2010
I just use a Longaberger Tissue basket. It has a wooden lid with a slot in it and the parents just drop their checks in. It sits front and center on my desk (which is at the entrance) on Monday.
Attached: 101_2192.jpg (86.4 KB) 
Michael 02:54 PM 09-15-2010
I just saw your picture. Looks like a great idea. Is it bolted down?
thatgagirl 04:59 PM 09-15-2010
id be afraid someone would reach in and walk off with that sucker lol! Parents just hand it to me...always makes me feel odd lol
marniewon 06:27 PM 09-15-2010
My parents either hand me the money, or, what usually happens is they will leave a check in the diaper bag. At some point during the day, I will look for it, and if I don't find it I'll say something. I tell the parents that I will do a quick look and if I don't find it I'll ask. Some of my families leave personal stuff (papers) in there too, so I don't like to dig very far when I'm looking.
missnikki 06:27 AM 09-16-2010
at WalMart, I bought a grey metal lockbox that has a slot for envelopes, and a locking front flap. It mounts on the wall or sits on a table. It's ugly, but it means business. I think it was around $25.
MommyMuffin 06:44 AM 09-16-2010
On friday I have receipts ready on the shelf in my foyer, when a parent comes I pick theirs up. N hand it to them...it acts like reminder and I hand it ontop of their childs day form so I don't feel uncomfortable.
DCMom 06:48 AM 09-16-2010
Originally Posted by Michael:
I just saw your picture. Looks like a great idea. Is it bolted down?
No it's not bolted down, lol. I put it out on Mondays and pick it up again; my daycare entrance is in the back of my house and the only people who come through the door are daycare parents or my family. So, I'm not too concerned about someone snatching and grabbing it
countrymom 10:40 AM 09-16-2010
I have a lock and key postal box (mail box) its great and its infront of my door.
Live and Learn 10:49 AM 09-16-2010
I am considering sending home a payday candy in the lunch boxes the day before my payday!
Tags:payment payments
Reply Up