Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>For Those Whose Daycare Room Is Separate from The Drop-Off Area....
knoxmomof2 06:29 PM 09-23-2016
Hi! I recently moved drop-off / pick-up to my side room (adjacent to the daycare room). I am doing my first interview tomorrow and am curious how to handle this. My concern is that the parents won't be comfortable with not being allowed in the space where their child will be since they're both new clients AND parents of an infant. How do you handle it? Thanks in advance!
284878 10:00 AM 09-24-2016
During the interview, I give a full tour into any room that DCK will have access too.
I have an infant in care and have never had the parent want to see the space at pick up or drop off.
My pick up /drop off area is in a closed laundry room, so parents do not see any more of my house then they can see from my laundry room.
knoxmomof2 10:22 AM 09-24-2016
Thank you! That's what I'll do then. ☺️
Meeko 11:06 AM 09-25-2016
My whole basement is my daycare, with it's own entrance, but the drop off area is on the opposite side of the house to the main playroom.

I show the entire area when interviewing. However, parents know that while they have access to their child at any time during the day, they do not have access to be around any of the other children and may not go down to the playroom without waiting for me to remove the other children first.

Nobody wants to insist on that, so they just make drop off and pick up very fast at the entry door.
childcaremom 05:13 AM 09-26-2016
Originally Posted by 284878:
During the interview, I give a full tour into any room that DCK will have access too.
This is what I do, as well. I show them everywhere their child possibly will be.

I explain my drop off/pick up procedure during the interview. I also give some brief reasons why if they ask (it helps the morning transition, esp. for little people, privacy, safety, and I've had a parent wander through my house before). Anyone who has an issue with it wouldn't sign on, I guess. I've never had anyone question it who does. It actually has helped so much with transitions that this is the main reason I give for it now.
Blackcat31 06:01 AM 09-26-2016
Originally Posted by 284878:
I have an infant in care and have never had the parent want to see the space at pick up or drop off.
My pick up /drop off area is in a closed laundry room, so parents do not see any more of my house then they can see from my laundry room.
I do the same. They see everything during interview and then are limited to the cubby room during drop offs/pick ups.
Second Home 09:16 AM 09-26-2016
I do the same and give a full tour during interviews.
mia 09:20 AM 09-26-2016
Same during the interview, I do the tour of all spots children will be at.

My basement is fully daycare, laundry / mud room is the entrance which is just off the top of stairs a little...

I have yet to have a client complain about it.
Tags:drop off area, drop off issue
Reply Up