Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Helping Lonliness....
thecrazyisout 07:44 AM 03-20-2012
Hi there,

Today I am having a tough day....sometimes it is just so lonley talking to toddlers all day. What are you tactics to help lonliness...?
countrymom 07:46 AM 03-20-2012
I come to this board, or go outside.
melskids 08:10 AM 03-20-2012
I come here, or spend some nap times chatting with another provider friend on FB. I take classes a few nights a week, so that gets me out of the house and gives me time to socialize with others in EC. I also make sure to plan really cool activities for my family to do on weekends, which gives us something to look foward to.
cheerfuldom 08:16 AM 03-20-2012
As soon as the daycare kids leave, me and my family go out, even if it is just for a walk to the park. Exercise and new hobbies help too.
dave4him 08:31 AM 03-20-2012
Get a soccer ball and name him wilson

But seriously, i call my family or friends and chat when possible or go walk down the shopping center and make chit chat with the people working there, sometimes they look forward to a normal person to talk to as well
sharlan 08:50 AM 03-20-2012
If possible, get outside, walk to the park. Just a change of scenery can help. Often times I'll find a parent or another provider to chat with for a few minutes while watching the kids play.
Unregistered 09:41 AM 03-20-2012
I take the kids to a local playgroup 2 days a week just to be able to chat with other moms from the area and to be able to get out of the house as well. I've made lots of friends with other SAHMs and we sometimes call each other during nap time in the afternoon just to have an adult to talk to.
I also find myself boring my afterschool dcks with stories about my day during snack time
GoodKarma 10:23 AM 03-20-2012
(((HUGS))) Sorry you're not having a good day. On lonely days I do one or more of the following:1) go outside, preferably for a walk
2) Turn on a tv talk show( to hear adult
Conversation)
3) chat with someone on the phone for a few
Minutes (during nap time)
4) listen to cheerful music
5) vary my routine
6) visit everyone here (also nap time)
7) remind myself that even though it can be
Lonely sometimes, no job is perfect, and
This is what I want to do
JenNJ 10:43 AM 03-20-2012
I take the kids on a walk in the neighborhood. A group of 7 kids walking down the street always gets people to start up a conversation.
mrsp'slilpeeps 11:36 AM 03-20-2012
Originally Posted by dave4him:
Get a soccer ball and name him wilson

But seriously, i call my family or friends and chat when possible or go walk down the shopping center and make chit chat with the people working there, sometimes they look forward to a normal person to talk to as well
OMG when I saw this I was like hey that would be a great idea.

I must be starved for adult convo's.
Heidi 11:48 AM 03-20-2012
I call someone, come here, rarely spend my weekends at home. I also have a few coffee friends like my MIL and and a GF who come for coffee during naptime every few weeks.
Michael 12:26 PM 03-20-2012
Use the forum Chat.
Ariana 12:33 PM 03-20-2012
I go to a monthly book club and a monthly craft group, plas getting out and about whenever I can. I crave social interation so it helps a lot to have something to look forward to.
Tags:lonely - provider
Reply Up