Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help with Cute Ideas
kpa0627 02:04 PM 04-08-2010
Just wanted everyone to share some cute ideas/techniques you use in your daycare. For instance, a cute one I know is purchasing a fake plastic ear and attaching it to the wall and calling it the tattle ear... so just send the tattlers to talk to the ear. Anyone else have some neat ideas?
Thanks

Oh, how about neat organization ideas for small spaces???
MarinaVanessa 02:41 PM 04-08-2010
To keep the mess down during meal times (i only use high chairs for the infants while everyone else over two gets to sit at the "big kid" table on boosters) in the dining room I bought some trays from Oriental Trading which are really colorful. I already had colorful plastic kid cups, plates, bowls and utencils which the kids really liked but they were having trouble keeping their hands and bodies in their own space. The trays helped a lot because it gives them a clear boundary of where their own food and bodies are supposed to stay. Clean-up is great and sooo easy now. The kids help clean up and pile everything on their tray and we sing:
All:
Put your trash on your tray, on your tray
Put your trash on your tray,
ME: (louder) 'Cuz we're going to what!?
Them: THROW IT AWAY!!
All:

They love to do it because they like helping out. They put everything on their tray and carry it over to the counter and hand it to me. I have a stool there that they stand on and I hold the tray out as they put their dishes in the sink. Later I'll rinse and load everything including the trays in the dishwasher. I mention this because no one really plans anything for meal-times and I've never really heard of anyone mentioning doing something special during this time.
Tags:ideas, trays
Reply Up