Morning 11 26.19%
Afternoon 25 59.52%
Evening 4 9.52%
Night 0 0%
Other 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Least Favorite Time of the Day
SilverSabre25 01:05 PM 07-31-2012
I hate afternoons. The time from 3:30 until 6 is awful and I've actually hated it for a long time now (even before daycare). There's not any reason I can put my finger on, I just don't like them.

What about you...do you have a least favorite time of the day?
WImom 01:08 PM 07-31-2012
between 8am-10am seem to go so slow for me.
Country Kids 01:10 PM 07-31-2012
Usually 8-5! OK, ok back to being serious. I think from 6am-9am during the school year because everyone is in such a rush in the mornings. I'm trying to get my own family up, fed and going. Then you have all the daycare children arriving right in the middle of this. I really hate that feeling every single morning!

From 4-5, if I have one child. It just drags along. I can't get any house cleaning done and if we go outside theres no one to play with.
snbauser 01:22 PM 07-31-2012
Definately the time from when afternoon snack ends until the last kid goes home. We are so busy in the mornings that they just fly by. But the afternoons just drag since it is mostly free play because the kids go home at all different times.
DCBlessings27 01:45 PM 07-31-2012
After nap but before pickup is the slowest time ever!!! I just feel that it drags like crazy. The morning tends to fly by most of the time. For non-daycare reasons, the nights have been bad lately for me. 18weeks pregnant and can't seem to sleep well. Bleh.
daycarediva 01:52 PM 07-31-2012
from 3:30-4/after snack until 6/last pickup. It just draggggssss.

One hour, 9 minutes to go!
DaisyMamma 03:07 PM 07-31-2012
3:30- pickup. It's time to wake up from nap and during the school year the loud SA kids get back.
Luna 04:33 PM 07-31-2012
My least favourite time of day is right before, during, and right after lunch time. Prepping, serving, cleaning up and getting everyone ready for nap absolutely DRAINS me! Once I sit down after everyone is settled in for nap & the cleanup is done everything is hunky-dory.
jojosmommy 06:29 PM 07-31-2012
Originally Posted by Luna:
My least favourite time of day is right before, during, and right after lunch time. Prepping, serving, cleaning up and getting everyone ready for nap absolutely DRAINS me! Once I sit down after everyone is settled in for nap & the cleanup is done everything is hunky-dory.
I agree. So much to squeeze into that short window. And in such a calculated manner. UGH....
juliebug 06:35 PM 07-31-2012
right after pm snack it seam parents are never coming and we just have open play ugh
Hunni Bee 07:45 PM 07-31-2012
I really dont enjoy the early evening 5-7 pm. Its usually the hottest part of the day here, there's nothing to do, and its just boring. Its usually when I nap ( which is probably why Im up til 3 am)
PitterPatter 08:31 PM 07-31-2012
After 3 pm snack the time drags!! I don't have to worry about the last kid not having anyone to play with because I have a son. The time just drags, everyone is tired and sometimes bickering starts.
Creek 05:51 AM 08-01-2012
3:00pm (wake up from nap time) until pick up, lol. It goes SO slow!
I like mornings, we always have lots of activities to do. The afternoon I could do without.
boysx5 05:54 AM 08-01-2012
After nap in the afternoon is long and on hot rainy days when we can't get outside are the worse
My3cents 06:40 AM 08-01-2012
I put other because I love morning, but I just don't like drop offs. Kids are usually clingy and parents are clingy- ugh.

another part of the day that I don't like is when you have one child left and you try so hard not to watch the clock but you just can't help it. Your just ready to be done.

Now off to read everyone's response
crazydaycarelady 07:16 AM 08-01-2012
I have to agree after nap until pick-up is the worst time of the day. By then I am getting tired, I have had enough of the kids and their shenanigans, and I just want the evening to come (when I can do what I want!)
Luna 08:49 AM 08-01-2012
The absolute worst time of day is the time between when a child is supposed to be picked up and the time the parent actually shows up. I am tensed up from head to toe the whole time when that happens.
Tags:poll
Reply Up