Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Freecycle-----Free Stuff
lvt77 01:27 PM 02-03-2011
Hi guys I just wanted to share this with all of you.
I belong to a group called freecycle.org. it is through yahoo groups.

It is a progam designed to keep reuseable things out of the land fill. I have gotten a ton of free things from this site as well as given away great things. Everything is 100 % free.

I know as DCP we try to keep out cost down and I have found that using the site has really helped me. If I need something, I will post a wanted add.

So far I have gotten a free booster seat for my kitchen table, looked almost new, a PNP 2 months old also almost new, tons of art supplies and the list goes on. I love love love this program and wanted to share it with all of you.

All you have to do is join.... go to google type in free cycle and then see if they have one in your area or close to it...

Best of luck and I hope that it works out for you guys
Blackcat31 02:22 PM 02-03-2011
I have seen this and visited it in my area as well but I gotta say I stopped checking in because i got tired of the same people asking and asking for stuff. It is a great concept though. I think people in my area are just better at keeping their hands out...
Mrs.Ky 02:50 PM 02-03-2011
Originally Posted by lvt77:
Hi guys I just wanted to share this with all of you.
I belong to a group called freecycle.org. it is through yahoo groups.

It is a progam designed to keep reuseable things out of the land fill. I have gotten a ton of free things from this site as well as given away great things. Everything is 100 % free.

I know as DCP we try to keep out cost down and I have found that using the site has really helped me. If I need something, I will post a wanted add.

So far I have gotten a free booster seat for my kitchen table, looked almost new, a PNP 2 months old also almost new, tons of art supplies and the list goes on. I love love love this program and wanted to share it with all of you.

All you have to do is join.... go to google type in free cycle and then see if they have one in your area or close to it...

Best of luck and I hope that it works out for you guys
I love it also, I got rid of my little girls crib on there to a needy family and some baby clothes awhile ago. I look on there also for daycare stuff.
Abigail 03:36 PM 02-03-2011
I just signed up because it wouldn't let me view anything unless I logged in. Our area only has a few things each month. The baby things they are getting rid of have minor problems, but still I want newer items. I think it is easy to look on Craigslist as well. Sadly, if I want to get rid of things for free I just donate them so I don't waste my time having people call and stop by or meet them somewhere.
melissa ann 03:52 PM 02-03-2011
I love the site! I have given away lots of my kids outgrown clothes, my maternity clothes, booster seat, bowling ball w/bag and a lot more.
I have also received things. A vcr when ours went kaput, about 50 rolls of 35 mm film, a bunch of Land Before Time Videos for my kids.
I get a little frustrated because sometimes it justs seems like the same people asking for things but not for them, for someone else and they give some sob story. Maybe some of them are true, but I don't buy half of them.
lvt77 03:56 PM 02-03-2011
I guess I really dont care if people keep asking over and over. I was once needy way back in my day and now am very happy that I am in a position that I can give back....
Danielle 04:10 PM 02-03-2011
I love freecycle!! I've gotten (and gave) so much from there...including DD's bed.
Abigail 12:07 AM 02-08-2011
At first I didn't really like freecycle, but now I signed up for the "digest" email and it's must nicer than getting individual emails! So nice now! Thanks
marniewon 05:42 AM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by lvt77:
I guess I really dont care if people keep asking over and over. I was once needy way back in my day and now am very happy that I am in a position that I can give back....

This is the way I feel also. Although, I have to say there is this one guy/family that I just have to wonder about. He's always asking for something - usually clothes for his kids, or toys or what-not. You can tell they are low income and I hope he's been able to get some things for free to help his family. However, he is constantly looking for a pet. One post will say: looking for small puppy. Next post will be, have 2 cats to give away. Next post (a month or so later) looking for a kitten. Then a while later, looking for large dog. It's crazy. You know they can't afford all these pets they ask for.

Tags:free, freecycle
Reply Up