Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Questions To Ask
LittleD 07:18 AM 08-29-2011
I have a new family coming for an interview. I haven't had on in a while. The ones I have done, the parents asked all of the questions. After reading the threads on here, I would rather determine whether or not this little girl will be a good fit before I take her on. She is 14 mths.

What would be some important questions I should be asking the parents? And what should I should be looking for in the child?
cheerfuldom 08:19 AM 08-29-2011
Definitely ask about her current daily routine. Make sure that meshes well with your group especially if she is able to nap on her own within your nap time frame. Naps are a big issue with the toddler crowd.
sharlan 08:37 AM 08-29-2011
Ask for definite hours.
GotKids 08:59 AM 08-29-2011
Food allergies or issues? Are they off the bottle (seems to be a thing out here where a lot of parents are waiting until 2 to break them)? I like to know how the parents like to communicate do they like paper updates, emails or do they need face to face. Has the child ever been in care before? If so why are they changing care? If not has the child had much exposure to group environment. Do they have sick care for their child if I need to send the child home ill? How fixed is their schedule, will their be fluctuations?

I also like to know if the PARENTS are going to fit in. I spend time asking about their job, how long they have been in the area. I ask them what they are looking for from their provider and then I explain what I look for in a family as well. I also ask about their parenting styles, things they feel work well for their child or don't work. For me this is my job but I take the FAMILY part of family child care to heart. It needs to be a good fit for everyone.

Good luck with your interview
Michael 11:44 AM 08-29-2011
Some more "intervew questions" threads here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ew+-+questions
Tags:interview, interview - questions
Reply Up