Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ideas/Input....?
SimpleMom 08:47 PM 03-13-2012
There is a question in here if you could bear with me a bit on some background

I am on a "vacation" to figure out what on earth to do.....A big part of me wants to be a SAHM. A big part of my dh is totally freaked out by the idea...lol. He is actually giving it thought.
Ideally, he would rather I work.

I am pushing 40 and wonder if this is what I will want to do in 5 or 10 years. My mom cautions me to have a back up plan (she used to do DC in her home as well). This means finish my BA degree....just in case.

Me....ugh. A lot to think about. It's all I've done in the last 20 years or so is working with Early Childhood. Might get my teaching degree for El. Ed. Wonder if it will be worth it in the end. I really love being home with my kids Want to be there for them in High School as well, want to Home School as much as poss. (along with public schooling).

So, I am at a decision point... Stay in DC and just go with it or continue DC while finishing my degree on wknds and accruing a bit of debt. Or just quit and SAHM. How many Providers actually stick with DC through retirement and are they as marketable??? Most that I know quit by the time their youngest graduates from HS. THis leads me to think that having a degree for back up would be a good idea for the future so that I can work outside the home at some point. Then again, who wants to hire a 50 yr old teacher??? I am feeling a bit old lately

This is what's going on in my head and it's why I can't make up my mind on what to do. Anyone feel like brainstorming this out with me?
Tags:future plans, retirement guide
Up