Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Shoulda Stood My Ground and Just Said NO!
Miss Lindsey 08:27 AM 12-07-2010
My daycare hours are 7-6. I have one that comes at 7am sharp.every day...sometimes 6:55. Yesterday she asked if she could bring her little one at 6:30 since her boss wanted to have a 7am meeting. I reluctantly said yes as she promised to pay $5 extra for the extra.time. Well, my kids sleep until 7: 30, so I knew I would have to be a bit more creative with playing quiet with her for a while until the kids woke up. Well, she comes in, mim is in a hurry and sets her down and walks away to put her bag up, and the little girl screams very loudly and begins crying. Mom refuses to pick her up because she needs to go, and she laughed at her and said "good luck" as she walked out.
Ugh...you guessed it, my son and both of my daughters were up at 6:30 and cranky and tired all morning while getting ready for school. Its my own fault...should have just said
no. But what do I do when she asks next time? I mean, she has a meeting...does she need to tell her boss no? Find alternate care for 30 minutes? I dont know how to handle this one.
jen 08:33 AM 12-07-2010
Say: "Oh, sorry, no. Last time little dcg woke everyone up early and they were all cranky and miserable for the day."

Then, if you want to give her the same little bit of joy she gave you....laugh and say good luck!

Kidding, don't do that unless you want to loose a client!
broncomom1973 09:04 AM 12-07-2010
Just went through this myself last week. I open at 7:30, mom asked if I would take dcb at 7 a.m., she was here at 6:55 a.m. I felt bad not to do it, but stupid me did not charge anything extra. If she asks again, I will. Also, last year she asked me if I would keep him everyday until 6 p.m., uh, no I have a family and a life too, kwim? She said she would bring him at 9 a.m., but that doesnt change anything for me since the others get here at 7:30. I dont have any advice other than to say no next time. I know it sucks when your own kids get out of their own routines. My dd was up almost 3 hours early this a.m. and I just kind of dreaded the morning knowing she was going to be a bear.
kendallina 09:17 AM 12-07-2010
Originally Posted by jen:
Say: "Oh, sorry, no. Last time little dcg woke everyone up early and they were all cranky and miserable for the day."

Then, if you want to give her the same little bit of joy she gave you....laugh and say good luck!

Kidding, don't do that unless you want to loose a client!
LOL...this made me laugh! It is a good suggestion if you want to lose a client.
Tags:backbone
Reply Up