Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Don't Know What To Do
Unregistered 11:41 AM 07-15-2011
I've tried registering a couple months ago and couldn't get it to work. I love reading all of your advice as I am fairly new to daycare. So I was hoping to get some help.
I've had a now 21 month old since March. He has a mean streak in him. He bites, pushes, hits, and the list goes on. I've tried time-outs, tell him nice hands don't hit, and I've even tried seperation (he climbs out within seconds) nothing is working. Mom and Dad are at a loss they can't get him to stop with his sibling at home either. He is smart and talks very well for his age also.
Mom and Dad are concerned with it and trying to help. However, I have lost one child because of it, and if it continues much longer I think I might lose the other two. My 19 month old does not get along with him and cries some mornings when he sees him. I really care about the boy, his brother, and never have issues with the parents, but is it time to throw in the towel? I am getting very burnt out on him. Is 5 months with no progress long enough to try?
JenNJ 12:05 PM 07-15-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
II have lost one child because of it, and if it continues much longer I think I might lose the other two. My 19 month old does not get along with him and cries some mornings when he sees him.
May I ask why exactly you lost the other child? Why would you let the well behaved child leave and keep the terror? Especially if the terror child is scaring your OWN child.
wdmmom 12:22 PM 07-15-2011
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
May I ask why exactly you lost the other child? Why would you let the well behaved child leave and keep the terror? Especially if the terror child is scaring your OWN child.
Ditto! If you identify him as a problem and a terror, why would you even allow the other family to give notice? If this child was the grounds behind terminating, why didn't you just terminate the problematic family?!
Unregistered 12:22 PM 07-15-2011
I let the other child go because mom already found another daycare (mom was a daycare jumper found out after I took the boy, he told me I was number 5). I figured there would be no changing her mind. He was also the only school aged kid so really didn't enjoy being around all the little kids.
Unregistered 12:29 PM 07-15-2011
Also made the mistake of not realizing that the mother is my sister-in-laws cousin. Their family was very happy to find out I would be watching their child. I found out after papers were signed that they were related. So I just went with because I didn't want to cause problems.
cheerfuldom 01:06 PM 07-15-2011
I would term. Thats just me. I did make the exact mistake and kept trying to work with a wild child when my oldest daughter was little. I waited too long to term and this wild one jumped on her and beat her on the back till she had bruises. It was so awful and I still feel guilty for not protecting my daughter when I knew this little boy was escalating and should have been termed weeks before this incident.
Michael 02:19 PM 07-15-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I've tried registering a couple months ago and couldn't get it to work.
Do you remember your username? You can always use this link to have your password send to you: https://www.daycare.com/forum/login.php?do=lostpw
SimpleMom 02:26 PM 07-15-2011
I think I would term as well. It's been a good try, but maybe it's time to focus on the safety of your other children. Early childhood is so short, but so vitally impressionable. The other kids will pick it up soon and then you'll have a housefull of that behavior to try and redirect/retrain. I only know that from experience
Tags:child from hell, problem child, terminate, terrorizing
Reply Up