Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Keeping sunscreen out of the eyes
Country Kids 01:02 PM 08-13-2012
How do you guys keep the kids from getting sunscreen in their eyes? I have one that always seems to get it in their eyes. No matter what I do they rub their eyes and it gets in it.

Our state just made it so that we can use the spray on kind. They said it was harmful breathing it in. So I'm trying to figure out what to do to save the eyes.

Any suggestions?
MaritimeMummy 01:12 PM 08-13-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Our state just made it so that we can use the spray on kind. They said it was harmful breathing it in. So I'm trying to figure out what to do to save the eyes.
I don't know, I have this same problem, but honestly, a spray-on kind os not going to solve your problems. I have a DCG who uses that spray on kind and it stings more than the other brands my kids use. You can't spray it directly in the face, you are supposed to spray it into your hand and then rub it in the face. And it says on the directions to use a "generous" amount, so you would be running out faster.

TBH, you'd be better off finding a sunscreen that is mild on the eyes before you'll get the kids to stop rubbing their eyes. I always test sunscreen myself. I rub some on the back of my hand and then rub my eye with it. So far the one that has stung the least was Ombrelle. Aveeno says it's mild but it is one of the worst ones for stinging. At least it's sensitive for my son's eczema.
Country Kids 01:18 PM 08-13-2012
This is Coppertone Water Babies kind. You would think it would be mild on the eyes. Since its waterproof maybe thats why it kept stinging so bad and hard to get off.
Country Kids 01:36 PM 08-13-2012
Does anyone know if there is such a thing as "Natural" sunscreen? Something that might not be so harsh on the eyes.
Bookworm 02:13 PM 08-13-2012
I asked my parents for a sunscreen stick because of this. It lets me put sunscreen on their faces without it running into their eyes. Even the kids who sweat a lot don't get it in their eyes.
Country Kids 02:29 PM 08-13-2012
This one isn't getting it from their face, its when they decided everytime they need to rub their eyes the minute I put the sunscreen on their arms/hands!
snbauser 04:13 PM 08-13-2012
We use the sunscreen sticks for their faces. They look like glue sticks but they don't run and you just rub the stick all over.
Reply Up