Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thank You All....
GabsKids 05:58 AM 09-24-2013
for this forum! I love it! I have been feeling a little burnt out lately. Deciding on whether or not I should throw in the towel. I went into this profession because I loved staying home with my kids but needed an income. I had planned on doing it until my youngest went to First grade. Well, this year he started First grade and I felt as though I was at a crossroad. I realized through the years how much I love my job. How much it is also about ME loving what I do and not just about doing it for my kids. Because someday, they will be adults and my every waking moment will not be about them. It will be about me and my hubby.
So for now, this is what I love to do. And even just reading this forum, the good, the bad, the drama helps me to feel I am not alone. We all have bad days, we are exhausted, and sometimes a little burnt out. But we keep going! Because those good days shine so bright! So thanks all!
melilley 06:04 AM 09-24-2013
Awesome post!
Michael 11:55 AM 09-24-2013
Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate you being here.
Josiegirl 02:20 PM 09-24-2013
Those feelings of burn-out are so common, I think, because it's such a draining exhausting profession. We must love kids. I've felt like throwing in the towel many times over the years but somehow rode the feelings through and came out on the other end re-energized and re-motivated. Just don't forget to take time for you when you need to, everyone needs a mental health day once in awhile.
MyAngels 05:43 PM 09-24-2013
Originally Posted by GabsKids:
for this forum! I love it! I have been feeling a little burnt out lately. Deciding on whether or not I should throw in the towel. I went into this profession because I loved staying home with my kids but needed an income. I had planned on doing it until my youngest went to First grade. Well, this year he started First grade and I felt as though I was at a crossroad. I realized through the years how much I love my job. How much it is also about ME loving what I do and not just about doing it for my kids. Because someday, they will be adults and my every waking moment will not be about them. It will be about me and my hubby.
So for now, this is what I love to do. And even just reading this forum, the good, the bad, the drama helps me to feel I am not alone. We all have bad days, we are exhausted, and sometimes a little burnt out. But we keep going! Because those good days shine so bright! So thanks all!

Thanks for the kind words . This is a great forum with a lot of different personalities and perspectives and it's nice to hear others enjoy it too, especially in light of the couple of negative sounding posts recently.
Tags:daycare.com
Reply Up