Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Crying Way Too Much
countrymom 10:42 AM 01-18-2012
seriously guys, what do you guys do when all the 1 yrs old do is cry, I mean non stop all day crying. Crying for nap time too. My present group all started at 1, and non of them cried like the new 3 kids. (I have had 1 for 6months, 1 for 2 months and 1 started yesterday) No one wants to play, how do you guys do it.
greenhouse 11:59 AM 01-18-2012
Dcb started at 8 mo - now 16mo and he still cries every day, all day. He cries over nothing and anything. He's just deeply unhappy, I think some kids need to stay home with mom. When I first got him I posted about it and more seasoned providers said he would not change and yup they were right! I just keep reassuring him that he is okay and when he gets really our of control (head banging and screaming) he goes into his crib which helps him refocus. I had no idea babies came this unhappy :/
countrymom 12:06 PM 01-18-2012
Originally Posted by greenhouse:
Dcb started at 8 mo - now 16mo and he still cries every day, all day. He cries over nothing and anything. He's just deeply unhappy, I think some kids need to stay home with mom. When I first got him I posted about it and more seasoned providers said he would not change and yup they were right! I just keep reassuring him that he is okay and when he gets really our of control (head banging and screaming) he goes into his crib which helps him refocus. I had no idea babies came this unhappy :/
thank you. And your right, I'm wondering if he is just an unhappy baby that wants mom. When dad drops him off, poor dad is so burnt out that he doesn't know what to do either.
cheerfuldom 12:46 PM 01-18-2012
so this is a new child?
mrsp'slilpeeps 01:04 PM 01-18-2012
OMG i have one of those too. 13 mos old and stands at me and cries.

Really? I just pick him up and put him with toys.

Drives me nuts though.
countrymom 02:44 PM 01-18-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
so this is a new child?
he's not new, I've had him since dec, three times a week.
cheerfuldom 03:35 PM 01-18-2012
make a spot for the criers to cry it out. if you don't have the room for all of them to cry it out, then replace the worst crier with a new child. i have a room right by the play room and any constant criers get a few weeks of cry it out and then their done with that for good. if they can't be happy with the group, they go to the cry pack n play and I go an get them when they cool off. I actually have two pnps in there so occasionally the two criers are in there at the same time but at least they are not right next to me or worse, getting the other kids upset. i've never had a kid stubborn enough to keep up the constant crying for too long.

PS I do check on them...they are safe....they are brought out as soon as they are done crying.
cheerfuldom 03:35 PM 01-18-2012
make a spot for the criers to cry it out. if you don't have the room for all of them to cry it out, then replace the worst crier with a new child. i have a room right by the play room and any constant criers get a few weeks of cry it out and then their done with that for good. if they can't be happy with the group, they go to the cry pack n play and I go an get them when they cool off. I actually have two pnps in there so occasionally the two criers are in there at the same time but at least they are not right next to me or worse, getting the other kids upset. i've never had a kid stubborn enough to keep up the constant crying for too long.

PS I do check on them...they are safe....they are brought out as soon as they are done crying. It's A LOT harder though with part timers but does still work for some part timers
Tags:colic, crying - all day
Reply Up