Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>For Those With A Walkout Basement Daycare
Oneluckymom 01:54 PM 02-26-2012
Have you made the rest of your house an "Off Limits Area" for licensing. I have a kind of "walkout basement" setup and wanted to make the rest of my house "off limits."

Really, it has been more work and anxiety for me to try to keep my upper level of my home within regulation, since I am not really up stairs with my family when they are home and I am still working during daycare hours.

I figure, I am not using the upper level since I am full now and we are downstairs all day.
DCMom 04:28 AM 02-27-2012
Yes, now. We had a separate entrance sidewalk/stairs put in a couple of years ago; now the parents/kids are never upstairs.

Before we had that done, in the summer everyone just walked down the hill, but in the winter they still came in thru my upstairs even though the daycare area is downstairs.

Not anymore
Meyou 04:47 AM 02-27-2012
My downstairs is daycare free. The children and parents haven't even set foot down there for years.
grandmom 03:47 PM 02-27-2012
I like my area restricted. One floor for daycare, one for family. Then I don't have to keep within regulations on the family floor. And frankly, the less of my private area the parents see, the less I feel intruded upon. As in: oh, wow, what a nice couch, when did you buy that? I thought you said you were really low on kids? yadayadayada.
MN Day Mom 06:31 AM 02-28-2012
Daycare is not allowed on my main or 2nd floor of my house so I do not have to keep them within regulations. That said however, licensing will do a walk through of those two floors just to make sure there isn't anything obviously dangerous.
Tags:basement
Reply Up