Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>11 Month Old Won't Sleep In Pack N Play
cillybean83 08:11 AM 01-11-2011
My 11 month old newbie is a mess! He's very sweet but he refuses to sleep in the pack n play, he wanted to be in the crib only, which is fine, but my 13 month old is sleeping in the crib, and the 13 month old is MY son, it's HIS crib, in HIS room so I feel like he gets dibs, does that make me mean??

Anyway, the 11 month old is obviously held all the time by mom, and probably rocked to sleep at night and for every nap because he just doesn't get how to go to sleep without being held, something we'll be working on here

He's also the biggest baby I've ever seen, he's 30 pounds and wears size 5 diapers, which is so funny because his mom is about 100 pounds, i wonder how she can carry him around!
Live and Learn 09:49 AM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by cillybean83:
?.. he refuses to sleep in the pack n play.....

... the 11 month old is obviously held all the time by mom, and probably rocked to sleep at night and for every nap because he just doesn't get how to go to sleep without being held....
Put him in pnp on a nap schedule...he will get.
He doesn't get to choose WHERE he naps....you do.
Good luck
nannyde 09:50 AM 01-11-2011
Tell him Nan said we appreciate his input and "night night" little big buddy.
Live and Learn 09:53 AM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Absolutely!
laundrymom 10:17 AM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
rofl!!!!! I sooo agree with this!!!! Whoo Hoo Nan! I swear I would love to hear inside your head when you read the board. lol,.... what some of us see as an issue just seems to make sense after you post. Can you just see her saying,.. Nannyde says thanks for expressing your wants,.. love you , night. and walking away. and the little smile on her face. as she is walking away ,.. on a side note,.. your baby already shares you, his house, his life,.. he deserves his own bed. =-)

pnp the newby until he sleeps. =-)
cillybean83 10:18 AM 01-11-2011
haha he finally figured it out! I was on the phone with my mom and she said I was the same way :\ she just put me in my playpen and left me there for the duration of my nap time, if i slept great if i didn't, i spent 90 minutes cleaning out my lungs and she wouldn't let me fall asleep until my next nap time, or bed...I never knew she was a tough cookie like that! According to all the studies out there shouldn't i be in therapy or something for being "neglected" haha
Tags:pack n play, won't sleep
Reply Up