Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Advice on Contract and Policies
afienen 09:53 PM 09-17-2015
Would anyone be willing to read through my contract and policies and offer their opinions? I have been a long time stalker of the forum and have developed my policies based of our state regulations, my own personal wants, and then looked them over with advice I have seen on here. I know at least one of my policies came from Nannyde so thank you for your advice!

The contract is not currently in the best looking format, but it has the wording I think I want. This will be in a center and I will be the owner/director.

TIA! You ladies and gents are so knowledgeable and I thoroughly enjoy catching up on the latest.
Attached: 3.Contract.doc (35.0 KB) CHILD CARE P&P.pdf (431.8 KB) 
daycare 09:08 AM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by afienen:
Would anyone be willing to read through my contract and policies and offer their opinions? I have been a long time stalker of the forum and have developed my policies based of our state regulations, my own personal wants, and then looked them over with advice I have seen on here. I know at least one of my policies came from Nannyde so thank you for your advice!

The contract is not currently in the best looking format, but it has the wording I think I want. This will be in a center and I will be the owner/director.

TIA! You ladies and gents are so knowledgeable and I thoroughly enjoy catching up on the latest.
i would love to..... Ill read today and hopefully by me replying to this post will bump it back up for others to chime in too.

welcome to the board.
daycare 09:22 AM 09-18-2015
I do think it has a lot of words, but I have a hard time with reading comprehension so maybe it's just me.

I/We agree to pay a total of $ per for childcare for <(child’s name)>. I/We understand that tuition is not based on attendance and that no credit will be issued for days the child is not in attendance unless otherwise specified.I would remove the bolded part. I would also add in that days can not be that the client understands that there is also no day transfers. any days used outside of this contract will be charged at an additional rate of __________

Payments are to be made no later than the Friday preceding the next week’s care. this part confused me.

I would change it to read, all payments will be paid on or before every Friday in advance by 5:00pm, Checks will be deposited when received and will not be held for any reason.

a late fee of _____will be applied when payments are not made on time and must be paid with your normal tuition to be admitted into the childcare. If your payment is late, we will abide by the no pay-no stay policy until your late fee and tuition payment has been paid in full. After 3 days of non-payment, your contract will be terminated immediately without refund of any fees paid, including deposit.

Late fees or other additional fees may be assessed as discussed in the Child Care Policy. The entirety of the Child Care Policy is incorporated by reference and we further agree to abide by all terms set forth therein. A maximum allowable delinquent charge is set at $______________ per family. In the event that delinquent fees reach this amount, services will be terminated immediately and litigation may ensue. I don't understand this.

By signing below, I agree to abide by all terms and conditions as set forth or expressly implied herein including the terms set forth in the Child Care Policy and all future editions of the Child Care Policy. In the event

things I would consider
do you have a trial period? if so what is it and how will you apply it?

do you charge late pick up or early drop off fees?

do you have a cut off time for drop off? if so what time will it be and what will happen if they don't make the cut off time?

example. my latest drop off time is 9am. if they are not here by that time, they are charged and marked absent for the day. no refunds or credits.

deposit? do you plan on charging one? if so how much and when is it do and how will it be used.

check stop payment and bounced checks, add that in too.

I can share mine with you if you want. not saying it's the greatest,, but can give you some ideas.
daycare 09:34 AM 09-18-2015
are you a center or a home daycare? I see in your childcare policy it refers to it as a center.
Blackcat31 09:35 AM 09-18-2015

the contract is not currently in the best looking format, but it has the wording i think i want. this will be in a center and i will be the owner/director.

Originally Posted by daycare:
are you a center or a home daycare? I see in your childcare policy it refers to it as a center.

daycare 09:38 AM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
see told you that I don't have good reading comprehension....lol

I missed that part.

for center, I would go to Nannyde. she is a consultant and her fees are very affordable. I know she has experience for both home and center.
afienen 09:40 AM 09-18-2015
Hahaha! You guys crack me up!

I would love to see what you have come up with, Daycare. Your suggestions are great. I'll definitely spend some time doing revisions. Some things like deposits are mentioned in the handbook already which is meant as a part of the contract. I just really wanted a one page deal where the parents agree to follow the policies and where I can put the individual aspects for each family (i.e. days the dck will be in attendance)
daycare 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Hahaha! You guys crack me up!

I would love to see what you have come up with, Daycare. Your suggestions are great. I'll definitely spend some time doing revisions. Some things like deposits are mentioned in the handbook already which is meant as a part of the contract. I just really wanted a one page deal where the parents agree to follow the policies and where I can put the individual aspects for each family (i.e. days the dck will be in attendance)
I have a 2 page contract and them my PHB. I can email it to you.

my parent handbook is online and out dated. I got a LOT of my information for it from the one and only BC. yeah that cat lady. and the 31 in her name doesnt stand for 31 cats, its the day of her b-day....lol I used to think she had 31 cats.
afienen 09:47 AM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
yeah that cat lady. and the 31 in her name doesnt stand for 31 cats, its the day of her b-day....lol I used to think she had 31 cats.

I'll send you a pm with my email.
Reply Up