Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Question About Halloween Trick Or Treating
Breezy 11:00 AM 10-27-2011
My dcks are here until 7:30 at night and so I offered to take dcb trick or treating around my neighborhood since dcm didnt know if she could get off work in time to get him home at a decent hour to do it. Dcp were happy that i offered and said that will be fine. I got glow light sticks for us and my husband will be coming to help supervise and so we can take the babies. We will obviously be going right at dusk since hes young.

My question is: would you have dcps sign a consent form to take dcks trick or treating? And if so, would it be a consent to transport (we would just be walking around the neighborhood), or a field trip type consent?

TIA!
mismatchedsocks 11:02 AM 10-27-2011
Yes I would for safety reasons. Then carry that and the enrollment forms when you go.
Breezy 11:04 AM 10-27-2011
Oh jeez I never even thought about carrying them with me. Duh! Thanks a bunch!!!
JenNJ 11:05 AM 10-27-2011
I'm taking two dcgs on Monday and I had the parents sign as well.
Cat Herder 12:32 PM 10-27-2011
It makes me sad that the parents would give that opportunity up to begin with.

Your permission to transport form should still be valid for this, IMHO. It is a Night Time Field Trip, right.
Breezy 12:44 PM 10-27-2011
Me too!! And i dont want trick or treaters coming to the door and him feeling left out so we shall go!
daycare 12:50 PM 10-27-2011
I am closing early.... I originally was going to make a DC family trip out of it, but I have a few kids who I can't stand to be around when in the care of their parents. If it were just me taking them I would not mind, but I know that most of my parents would want to come with us....NO THANKS...lol

I would have them sign a permission slip if you don't already have them on file.

as another poster stated, always carry their medical release forms, emergency cards/contacts with you. I have a travel folder that I made up and I take it with us every where I go. Even if we just walk to the park.
Kaddidle Care 02:28 PM 10-27-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
It makes me sad that the parents would give that opportunity up to begin with.
Ditto! I couldn't wait to get home to greet the kids BEFORE I even had any! I just wish Halloween was always on a weekend.
Tags:halloween, halloween - safety, safety, trick or treat
Reply Up