Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Help starting a Home Daycare in Phila, PA
teresa'slil1's 03:54 PM 06-14-2010
OK, so I called and received the packet from the Office of Child Development & Early Learning. The underlying packet is very confusing, in the steps in which to take first. One of my very close friends opened a daycare within the past 2 years and things have changed so much, now you are required to take a class "Family Child Care Orientation" I have signed up for this class which is on July 14th. Can I apply for my license, business name, zoning, health inspection, and so on in the mean time? Can anyone help me? I was also told I have to take a seminar that does not start back uo til September. I would appreciate any help....

Thank you,

Teresa
MarinaVanessa 10:52 AM 06-15-2010
That I know of you can't apply for your license until after your orientation since one of the things that they request should be a copy of your orientation completion certificate. It could be different in your state but thats how it works in ours. On top of the application paperwork they need you to file they request other paperwork (in CA) like fingerprint results, TB results, CPR cirtificate and the certificate of orientation. You should check with licensing but if you need things like CPR and TB testing you can do those before. Usually fingerprinting can't be done until after you've submitted your paperwork.
Michael 03:39 PM 06-15-2010
Give your state's licensing agency a call:

Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare
Office of Child Development
Bureau of Certification Services
P.O. Box 2675
Harrisburg, PA 17105-2675
Phone: (717) 346-9320
Toll Free: (877) 4-PA-KIDS
(877-472-5437, within State)
Fax: (717) 346-9330

Tags:pennsylvania