Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Stealing from Teacher Tom :-)
DBug 05:04 PM 04-01-2012
I've been working in elements of a natural playscape in my yard over the past year or so. The yard is tiny, so it's totally dedicated to daycare, which is very nice. I spent most of the day today working on my own fairy garden construction area ala Teacher Tom. I'm calling it "Little World" like he does, and I'm anxious to see what the kids will think of it. I blogged it here.

I want to make up a cute little wooden sign that says "little world" for it too. My dd had a blast playing with the stuff and making the peg people, so I already know it would be a hit with her age (4). I think my two dcg's, both 2.25 yrs, will enjoy it quite a bit. They're beyond putting things in their mouths (although I'll still watch them closely), and they've got pretty good attention spans. My 2.5 yr old mini tornado dcb however -- he probably won't enjoy it as much .

Has anyone else tried this idea? How did it go?
Michael 05:41 PM 04-01-2012
Great idea. I thought I would post a linked picture for everyone to see: http://beautifulchaosdotcom.wordpres...m-teacher-tom/

Mary Poppins 06:02 PM 04-01-2012
Originally Posted by DBug:
I've been working in elements of a natural playscape in my yard over the past year or so. The yard is tiny, so it's totally dedicated to daycare, which is very nice. I spent most of the day today working on my own fairy garden construction area ala Teacher Tom. I'm calling it "Little World" like he does, and I'm anxious to see what the kids will think of it. I blogged it here.

I want to make up a cute little wooden sign that says "little world" for it too. My dd had a blast playing with the stuff and making the peg people, so I already know it would be a hit with her age (4). I think my two dcg's, both 2.25 yrs, will enjoy it quite a bit. They're beyond putting things in their mouths (although I'll still watch them closely), and they've got pretty good attention spans. My 2.5 yr old mini tornado dcb however -- he probably won't enjoy it as much .

Has anyone else tried this idea? How did it go?
I love it!!! You did a great job.

I haven't done that but I, too, am working on a natural play yard. We are sprouting morning glory seeds indoors right now to use on a tunnel structure my hubs is building for me that will look sort of like this:

Only ours will be smaller, longer and (hopefully) covered with pretty flowers.
itlw8 06:13 PM 04-01-2012
love it /!!!!! funny we had this discussion this weekend.. I won I think... I want my tunnel taller to walk under. and I also want a mud kitchen
AnythingsPossible 05:51 AM 04-02-2012
Love it! I added it to my pinterest board to do this spring!! Thanks for sharing.
SilverSabre25 05:54 AM 04-02-2012
oooo i love the tunnel!
countrymom 08:45 AM 04-02-2012
love it, I'm stealing your ideas. I have those racks that I was using for my scrapbooking stuff, but I think I'll use them outside. But first we need to finish the kids rooms. Oh the projects I want to do.
Mary Poppins 08:54 AM 04-02-2012
Originally Posted by Mary Poppins:
I love it!!! You did a great job.

I haven't done that but I, too, am working on a natural play yard. We are sprouting morning glory seeds indoors right now to use on a tunnel structure my hubs is building for me that will look sort of like this:

Only ours will be smaller, longer and (hopefully) covered with pretty flowers.
I just noticed the natural teepee in the background, behind the tunnel and now I want THAT TOO!
Heidi 04:37 PM 04-02-2012
arggg the growing season in WI is so short!

Plus my toddlers will probably yank everything out the minute I turn my back....
Tags:backyard, wood furniture
Reply Up