Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mothers Day- But No Mom
Unregistered 05:50 AM 05-10-2012
Regular- logged out.

My kiddo's are all making projects for mother's day. I have one child that has two Dad's. How do you handle this? I will say both Dad's are great!!! They do take on the mother role, but at the same time I don't want to insult them. I respect my Dad's and they are good people and great, wonderful, fantastic parents, both very involved in their kids lives. Anyone experienced this and how did you handle it?

Looking for advice-
temom 06:12 AM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Regular- logged out.

My kiddo's are all making projects for mother's day. I have one child that has two Dad's. How do you handle this? I will say both Dad's are great!!! They do take on the mother role, but at the same time I don't want to insult them. I respect my Dad's and they are good people and great, wonderful, fantastic parents, both very involved in their kids lives. Anyone experienced this and how did you handle it?

Looking for advice-
Do the best parent in the world with the kid rather then happy mothers day. I am sure both the dads will understand that you wanted the kid to be a part of the experience. hope that helps
Hunni Bee 06:15 AM 05-10-2012
that's really cool.

I'd just have him make something for his dads. It doesn't have to say "mother's day".
SunshineMama 06:16 AM 05-10-2012
Do something special for just Dad's.

I like the best Dad's in the world Day, etc, like OP said.
littlemissmuffet 07:00 AM 05-10-2012
I would actually save the dad projects for Father's Day.

Does this child have a special grandma or auntie they can make something for instead? I always ask about these things much before Mother's/Father's Day when the child is sans one or both parents.
Christian Mother 09:07 AM 05-10-2012
This is a great question!! I would perhaps ask them how they'd like to celebrate Mother's Day..what they normally do for Mother's Day....Grandmother? Perhaps make something for grandma?
jen2651 11:59 AM 05-10-2012
One of my little girl's mother is not in the picture at all. We didn't do anything with 'mother' in it. We are just making special things for our grandmas and our moms. She will just give it all to her grandma (two soaps, two pictures etc)
AnythingsPossible 12:17 PM 05-10-2012
If their is a grandmother nearby involved in their lives, I would do something for grandma. If not, I agree with the above poster along the lines of best parent in the world. Depending on the project, you could just leave the Happy Mothers Day part out of it, and just give it to the dads as a craft project.
youretooloud 01:01 PM 05-10-2012
Leave the word "mom" off of it, and send it home for both of them to share/fight over.
Reply Up