Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Part-Time Vs. Full-Time Rates
SunnyDay 07:11 PM 02-11-2012
I am trying to figure out what our part-time rate should be vs. our full-time rate. Full-time will be somewhere between $160-$175 per week (for 5 days). For part-time we are planning on having a flat daily fee regardless of hours (up to around 9 hours per day). What would you charge as a daily rate if your weekly rate was $160? How about $175?
Unregistered 07:21 PM 02-11-2012
Right now I charge $150/week full time or $35/day for part time. I will be raising my rates soon to $160/week for full time and $40/ day fpr part time. I would probably do the same if you were charging $175/week.Charge $40/day
I've been debating doing my rates for hours too.Like $115/part time,up to 30 hours and $160/week 30-50 hours a week.That way I could charge the same if someone wanted only two days instead of three and be able to take on more part time kids.I've always only had full time until this year but it seems like everyone is trying to save money.
Lucy 09:50 PM 02-11-2012
$36 based on a fulltime rate of $160/week

$40 based on a fulltime rate of $175/week
bice99 11:28 PM 02-11-2012
I have a PT rate for up to 3 days of care (9 hrs max per day). It's equal to 3.5 days. I tell parents that I charge more per day for my PT rates b/c I cannot automatically fill the spot on the days their child isn't in DC. I also have to deal with more paperwork, more germs, more upset in my DC's schedule (you know how PT kids change the dynamic of the group), more parents, more parental rules (or lack of). Once I explain it that way, all of my parents understand. PT kids are my niche, and this year I am closed on Wednesdays. It's great. If a parent wants me 4 days a week, they contract for that extra day.
SunnyDay 04:32 AM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by bice99:
I have a PT rate for up to 3 days of care (9 hrs max per day). It's equal to 3.5 days. I tell parents that I charge more per day for my PT rates b/c I cannot automatically fill the spot on the days their child isn't in DC. I also have to deal with more paperwork, more germs, more upset in my DC's schedule (you know how PT kids change the dynamic of the group), more parents, more parental rules (or lack of). Once I explain it that way, all of my parents understand. PT kids are my niche, and this year I am closed on Wednesdays. It's great. If a parent wants me 4 days a week, they contract for that extra day.
This is an interesting idea to me. We had discussed doing a 3 day minimum, but I hesitated. Here's the part I don't quite understand. If someone takes M, W, and F, do you not even try to fill the T/TH spot? If you do try to fill it, do you still charge the same PT rate? It doesn't really seem fair to me to charge the same even though they couldn't have 3 days even if they wanted them.
Blackcat31 06:40 AM 02-12-2012
I charge part timers almost the same way as bice99. The rate is higher because of the reason's she listed.

If someone takes M,W,F, I will fill the T,TH spot if someone is interested but their rate would be a daily drop in rate due to the fact that I define FT as 4-5 days per week, PT as 3 days per week and anything less than 3 days is drop in.

So no it isn't fair in a way that they pay a higher rate but they are also more work because of the smaller amount of time (and regularity) their attendance brings with it.
momma2girls 08:29 AM 02-12-2012
I charge $140.00 per week for full time. I have part-time @ $35.00 per day with a 3 day min. If a family needs to switch each week, with different days of the weeks. I charge fulltime, if I have to be available everyday for them.
Crazy8 06:40 PM 02-12-2012
I have a daily rate for anything less than 3 days a week and then a set weekly rate for 3, 4, or 5 days per week. They get progressively less expensive "per day" with the more days they come.

So if my full time rate was $35/day, my part time rate may be $38/day for 4 days, $40/day for 3 days, or even $45 (for 1-2 days or drop in). But they would be contracted weekly.
SunnyDay 04:38 AM 02-13-2012
Originally Posted by LittleDiamonds:
I have a daily rate for anything less than 3 days a week and then a set weekly rate for 3, 4, or 5 days per week. They get progressively less expensive "per day" with the more days they come.

So if my full time rate was $35/day, my part time rate may be $38/day for 4 days, $40/day for 3 days, or even $45 (for 1-2 days or drop in). But they would be contracted weekly.
I like this idea! Now that I think about it that is how the centers around here do it.
MarinaVanessa 02:53 PM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by bice99:
I tell my clients pretty much the opposite . Instead of saying that I charge more for PT I tell them that I charge less for FT. I tell them that my drop in rate of $5 per hour for 1-8 hours and $40 per day for 8-10 hours is what my rate is but if they sign up for PT I give a discount. If they decide to sign up for FT they get an even better discount. The same idea as you for the same reasons that you described, but a different sales pitch.
SunnyDay 05:57 PM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I tell my clients pretty much the opposite . Instead of saying that I charge more for PT I tell them that I charge less for FT. I tell them that my drop in rate of $5 per hour for 1-8 hours and $40 per day for 8-10 hours is what my rate is but if they sign up for PT I give a discount. If they decide to sign up for FT they get an even better discount. The same idea as you for the same reasons that you described, but a different sales pitch.
Always good to put a positive spin on things
Reply Up