Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interview Today/Question About My School-agers
momofboys 11:42 AM 06-02-2010
I'm meeting a family later this afternoon. They are needing me for part-time care this summer only. It would work out perfectly for me as my teacher-family is not needing me this summer. I was not willing to do full-time so this family has already made arrangements for the other day and a half they needed care so it sounds like they want me but I am not sure if I want them that bad. No, really I am excited about the opportunity. They have a 5 year old DD & an almost 3 year old DS. My kids (all boys) are almost 9, 6 & 2 1/2. Now I know I will have no trouble with my 2 1/2 year old & my 6 year old getting along with this family. But I am concerned about my almost-9 year old. I am worried he will feel alienated & not want to play with us (because girls are yucky!) For the most part my older boys haven;t had tons of interaction with DCK b/c they don't get home from school until 3:45 & the kids leave close to 4:45 so it will be a differnet dynamic since they will all be home together. Anyway, I will post an update thuis evening as to how the interview goes. Nervous & I already sort of know these people, still nervous!
momofboys 05:03 PM 06-02-2010
Interview went well! Parents & kids seemed to play well here & I think they will be a good fit. Hoping this works out. Mom even hinted at me watching their preschooler in the fall when their oldest starts K so that is a good thing, I think! They start next Wed & will be coming Wed-Fri for the next 10 weeks.
fctjc1979 05:32 PM 06-02-2010
It's always great when kids just seem to fit.
originalkat 08:49 PM 06-02-2010
Sounds like a great fit! I also have a wed-Fri child as well. I love having light Mondays and Tuesdays. I hope it all works out!
Tags:school-age
Reply Up