Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Made It Through First Day With 8 Kids!
Unregistered 08:27 PM 06-13-2011
HA! I made it through my first day with 8 kids. I have a few extra school agers and one family said they were dropping but then ended up staying so I have more than I would typically take. I am lic for 10 but would not take that many. I have been stressing for months over school getting out and having 8 here all at once but it was no big deal. Many days with less b/c of vacations and time off for families so 8 won't be my everyday but I made it through 1 day! YEA!
MN Day Mom 09:17 AM 06-14-2011
Hooray!! I'm glad it wasn't as bad as you were anticipating I usually run between 6-10 and I always say, sometimes more is easier

Hope the rest of your summer feels as good
cheerfuldom 09:29 AM 06-14-2011
I think its more the personality than the number. Right now I have 6 kids (5 under 2!) and its not big deal. As long as everyone is the right fit and there are no crazy kids and/or parents, I am fine with this number, probably one more too.
newtodaycare22 10:38 AM 06-14-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I think its more the personality than the number. Right now I have 6 kids (5 under 2!) and its not big deal. As long as everyone is the right fit and there are no crazy kids and/or parents, I am fine with this number, probably one more too.
I think the personality factor is SO true. By the way..cheerfuldom--you have 5 under 2?? OMG. I only do preschool but i could only have 2 under the age of 2 anyway (licensing). That must be crazy!
Tags:school-age, stress
Reply Up