Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Organizing Daily Plans
kcnjason 01:24 PM 09-22-2011
I'm curious how you organize for the week. I gather a lot of ideas and then at the end of the week I find that the entire stack of ideas I had barely were touched. My real question is.....do you seperate each day of the week into seperate folders, ex. mon, tues, wed etc....or????
kitkat 03:09 PM 09-22-2011
I use a sheet of paper that has the days of the week listed. Each day has 2 boxes: 1 for what the activity for the day is and 1 for what materials I need. I try to make sure I have the materials ahead of time, but I don't usually pull things out until the day of and then I just keep them out on my desk for easy access. It works for me because I only have a few kids. I did try to use an accordian file for each kid and put the necessary materials in, but it didn't work for me.
Country Kids 03:14 PM 09-22-2011
I just found this off of another sight and am doing it and it works wonderfully! Went to WalMart and bought little plastic drawers (three in each). Purchased two so six drawers each. The top one I use for my teacher book and the rest of the drawers I put each days materials in it. Do it the weekend before and its done for the week. It has been so nice and easy for me to do it this way and I've only done it for three days!!! So wish I had thought of it earlier.
daycare 03:21 PM 09-22-2011
I found a method that works well for me. I create my own curriculum months in advance so that I have time to build on to them.

I use egg crates...I think that is what they are called...

I will set up each crate with file folders and a space for supplies and books. I add books to it over time that pretain to the lessons. Books for me to grab ideas from and books to read to the kids...

I will seperate by weeks. depending on the month, most having 4 weeks, I will number week 1-4. I then have hanging file folders in the back for each of the kids and at the end of the day I place all of their project in it. We make a booklet every friday that they take home. I put everything in order with folders as you stated Monday-Friday. I pull them out the night before and go over it to make sure that I have everything that I need.

When I am done, I take week one out and move it behind the childrens files in the crate and reapeat until I reach the end of the month. I then take out the childrens files and put them in the next months crate.

I then take that crate and replace things that were used, take out things we didnt use becuase the kids didnt want to do it or something to taht degree. I make notes as to what I would like to add to the lessons or take away for the next time I do that lesson. Over the months if I see something that I think would be great for that lesson I just add it to the crate...
DCMom 06:12 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I just found this off of another sight and am doing it and it works wonderfully! Went to WalMart and bought little plastic drawers (three in each). Purchased two so six drawers each. The top one I use for my teacher book and the rest of the drawers I put each days materials in it. Do it the weekend before and its done for the week. It has been so nice and easy for me to do it this way and I've only done it for three days!!! So wish I had thought of it earlier.
This is a great idea! I just finished getting things together for next week and wanted something more organized than a basket, lol. Perfect timing
DCMom 06:20 PM 09-22-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
I then take that crate and replace things that were used, take out things we didnt use becuase the kids didnt want to do it or something to taht degree. I make notes as to what I would like to add to the lessons or take away for the next time I do that lesson. Over the months if I see something that I think would be great for that lesson I just add it to the crate...
We call them milk crates, lol!

This is also a great idea. I find that I have collected so many neat ideas over the years in certain repeated themes( you know Apples, Frogs, Butterflies, etc.) I have bins labeled and stacked with bulky items, but then I have a file cabinet with coloring sheets and paper master type things, etc AND a section in the books. This would pull it all together into one place.

Thanks! I feel a weekend of organizing coming on....
Tags:organizing
Reply Up