Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO Livid Right Now!!!
sahm2three 11:31 AM 12-10-2010
I either walk or drive to take or pick up my dcg from preschool. Today was a beautiful day, so I decided to get the kids out and we walked. The 5 kids I walked with did awesome. Two babies in the double stroller a 2 year old holding on, and a 4 and 6 year old walking along side. We have done this many many times before. Nothing new. We get dcg, and as I always do, I re-go over the rules with them for walking together. We get thru the parking lot, get to the field we walk thru and the big kids know that they can run thru the field but stop at the fence and wait for me. We have done it 100 times before, same kids, they ALL know the rules! Well, today, dcg that we picked up gets to the fence, goes around it and takes off running! I am SCREAMING at her to stop. I grab the 2 year old and start RUNNING telling the other kids to stay with me. She doesn't stop. She disappears around the corner and I continue to run. Babies are crying, so is the 2 year old. I am SCREAMING at the top of my lungs for her to stop. We get around the corner and she is ACROSSED the street standing in front of my house! I LOST IT!!! I have NEVER yelled at a dck. Never. I don't yell at my own either. I was LIVID. I screamed at her that it was so very dangerous. I told her she was lying down for the rest of the day. She put everyone's lives in danger. I asked her if she knew the rules. Yes. I asked her if she heard me yelling for her to stop. Yes. I am so pissed. I am trying to decide whether I call parents and tell them what happened or wait until they get here. I am going to tell them that they are going to have to find someone else to take her to and from school. If I can't trust that she will follow the rules after doing this 100 times with no problem, and then just all the sudden break the rules and be completely dangerous/wreckless. What would you do?!?!?
Tags:time out, transportation, walking ropes
Up