Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Feast or Famine
sharlan 07:43 PM 01-27-2014
I have not been at capacity since I reopened 3 yrs ago. There are just too many providers in my area.

I've had 3 openings forever. I had an infant spot for 7 mos and another one opened 2 mos ago. I picked up an infant 2 mos ago, but I still had one opening.

I have had 4 calls today for infants and one is starting tomorrow. I have to call the other 3 back and cancel their appointments.

I have 2 sisters who may start in two weeks. They're only part-time and their schedule will work around my grandkids.

I will be at capacity for the first time in years.
TwinKristi 08:05 PM 01-27-2014
Good job! My area is saturated with providers as well, there's probably 4 within a 1 mi radius. I have been getting lots of calls lately so I'm hoping things are picking up soon!!
Second Home 05:50 AM 01-28-2014
I have never been at capacity in my 10 years .
There are not tons of providers locally either , well there are many unlicensed people from what I hear.
It is at the point where I have considered closing and finding a new career.
Blackcat31 07:26 AM 01-28-2014
Congratulations Sharlan!

I hope the calls keep coming in!!

With all this cold weather everyone is having, we can all probably expect an increase in infant calls in the next year or sooo...
Annalee 08:56 AM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Congratulations Sharlan!

I hope the calls keep coming in!!

With all this cold weather everyone is having, we can all probably expect an increase in infant calls in the next year or sooo...

melilley 11:30 AM 01-28-2014
I'm glad you will be full!

I have been getting a lot of calls also! Must be the time of year?. Ironically, I had an ad up for 3 months and when I took it down, the calls came in.
melilley 11:31 AM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

There was a funny picture/saying on FB about that.
TwinKristi 02:13 PM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
I'm glad you will be full!

I have been getting a lot of calls also! Must be the time of year?. Ironically, I had an ad up for 3 months and when I took it down, the calls came in.
That's funny!!!
Scout 06:21 PM 01-28-2014
I have noticed care.com is sendong a lot of texts to me of new jobs. Hoping one pans out quickly!!
Tags:competition
Reply Up