Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just Ordered Xmas Gifts For DCK's….
Crazy8 08:05 AM 09-17-2014
groupon has a deal on cute vinyl labels so decided they would make cute gifts for all the daycare kids for just $5 each. Cost me $25 for all 5 of my kids, regular price came to $100 and got free shipping too.

search labels on groupon to find the deal (not sure if its by area since its just a website - think it is called dinkleboo).

now just hope no one leaves before xmas, LOL!!
NightOwl 08:10 AM 09-17-2014
Looking for it now!
NightOwl 08:20 AM 09-17-2014
Those are adorable! Thanks for sharing. I ordered them for my kiddos too.
DaveA 04:41 AM 09-18-2014
Christmas Gifts??????????

I haven't even started thinking about what Halloween candy I'm getting for trick or treaters. And you're buying Christmas gifts!

It's not even December 20th- there's PLENTY of time to think about Christmas stuff.
LysesKids 06:33 AM 09-18-2014
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:

I haven't even started thinking about what Halloween candy I'm getting for trick or treaters. And you're buying Christmas gifts!

It's not even December 20th- there's PLENTY of time to think about Christmas stuff.
In my case, some of what I buy has to be ordered before October if there is a chance of getting it by December... I do custom made wood ornaments yearly for my own grandkids as well as the babies in care (I only have them for one Christmas so I make it special because it's also their first one). My daughter loves the collection that my grands have acquired. I don't worry about candy for Halloween because I do nothing but tinys lol.
NightOwl 06:34 AM 09-18-2014
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:

Crazy8 06:43 AM 09-18-2014
LOL…. its ONLY 98 days till christmas!!! I like to spread it out so I'm not spending a small fortune in December!! I have been buying my own kids gift cards since June!!
Mom o Col 06:45 AM 09-18-2014
I wondered if you could post a link to find the deal. I can't seem to find it.

Crazy8 06:59 AM 09-18-2014
Originally Posted by Mom o Col:
I wondered if you could post a link to find the deal. I can't seem to find it.
sure. I know groupon can be regional, so not sure how that works but its not like this is for a local place so it should work for anyone.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/dinkleboo-central-jersey
Shell 07:02 AM 09-18-2014
Very cute!
NeedaVaca 07:08 AM 09-18-2014
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
LOL…. its ONLY 98 days till christmas!!! I like to spread it out so I'm not spending a small fortune in December!! I have been buying my own kids gift cards since June!!
This is exactly what I do too! I buy good deals all year long but really get going in September
KarenMN 05:33 PM 09-18-2014
I buy my DCK pajamas every year for Christmas. I usually buy them at Kohls when they have a really good deal on them $10 or less. The kids usually wear them when we have our Polar Express Christmas Party.
I use to buy toys or other trinkets but switched to pajamas a few year ago because it's something every child can use and parents appreciate.
DaveA 04:13 AM 09-19-2014
I don't get Christmas gifts for DCKs, but December 23rd (I'm open Christmas Eve but usually have only 1-2 kids) is a party day. We leave TV/ Movies on, bake things to take home (usually cookies and bread), and set up a few extra areas in the living room next to the classroom.
Crazy8 05:58 AM 09-19-2014
Originally Posted by KarenMN:
I buy my DCK pajamas every year for Christmas. I usually buy them at Kohls when they have a really good deal on them $10 or less. The kids usually wear them when we have our Polar Express Christmas Party.
I use to buy toys or other trinkets but switched to pajamas a few year ago because it's something every child can use and parents appreciate.
that's a good idea too! I usually get them a puzzle or some melissa and doug type toy and probably still will with the labels but next year I may do the pj's thing!
hope 06:12 AM 09-19-2014
Last year I bought the older kids a book bag from 5 below and filled it with dollar store art supplies. I bought all the little ones pj's. We need to start a Christmas gift thread for some new ideas this year.
Josiegirl 10:52 AM 09-19-2014
Originally Posted by hope:
Last year I bought the older kids a book bag from 5 below and filled it with dollar store art supplies. I bought all the little ones pj's. We need to start a Christmas gift thread for some new ideas this year.
Groan

I really don't want to think about it again, seems like we just did this not too long ago.
DaveA 11:30 AM 09-19-2014
We need to start a Christmas gift thread for some new ideas this year.
For your DCKs, family, or both? While I'm a good 2 1/2 months from shopping, I find subjects like that fascinating and a great source of ideas to steal.
melilley 11:34 AM 09-19-2014
Originally Posted by KarenMN:
What a great idea! I think I'm going to do this this year. I usually only spend up to $10 a piece so this would be perfect, plus, I'm at Kohl's all the time...lol
melilley 11:35 AM 09-19-2014
Yes, there should be a Christmas gift thread!

I usually have the dck's make something for their parents and I also get them something little.
Josiegirl 03:41 PM 09-19-2014
Ok, I'll play. I'll stop digging my feet into the dirt, throwing a temper tantrum, whining, moaning, bit@hing and refusing to believe Christmas is only 3 months away. But you can't make me like it.

Every year I give the kids books based on what they've enjoyed here. And I always add something else, one year I did the pj idea with a book, another year I made the no sew fleece blankets with a book. Last year I made kind of a theme of each child's gift; a FP Ice Cream set along with the book Should I Share My Ice Cream by Mo Willems, a tea party set with a toddler book about My First Tea Party, a Dora book with a Dora telephone, a book about a Princess(can't remember what the name of the book was) with a Princess floor puzzle, things like that.

This year I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.
Reply Up