Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interview Tomorrow, UGH
Thriftylady 06:55 PM 09-19-2014
I have an interview tomorrow and that is a good thing, because I really need to start filling some slots. But I am already leery. Grandma called and asked questions and set up the interview and is coming with mom tomorrow. Now my main issue is that MOM and I have to have an arrangement. IF I accept this kiddo (meeting grandma may make or break the deal), but how do I make it clear tomorrow that MOM is in the drivers seat here and grandma can pick up and drop off but needs to leave it between mom and I?
nannyde 06:57 PM 09-19-2014
I discuss "third party intervention". I explain that the agreement has to be between the parents and I and I can't involve a third party even if the third party is paying for care.
daycare 08:28 PM 09-19-2014
Best of luck. I hope it works out!!

Of course I can't offer any advice better than our goddess ^^^^!

I do address that per state licensing I can only discuss child matters with parent or legal guardians.
Thriftylady 08:32 PM 09-19-2014
I just hate going into an interview feeling "off" about it. The little one is the perfect age though 20 months, and I really want 2 and up. He is close enough to 2 that I find it great! If you pray, shoot some here we really need the money if this doesn't get going soon I may have to get some other job and I really miss doing daycare.
melilley 09:02 PM 09-19-2014
Good luck!

For some reason, I have recently received two calls where the grandma has called and asked all the questions. One said she didn't live in the area so she wasn't familiar with where I was located, but was calling around for her daughter and the other said her daughter was a high school teacher at our local hs so she was calling around for her and she wasn't from our area either. I don't know why the moms didn't call. Strange
Thriftylady 09:11 PM 09-19-2014
Mine was way strange. Grandma and daughter are living with family five days a week while daughter works. They live in another town on the weekends. Grandma is wanting to look for a job, so they need care so she can look for one. I don't know, sounds really odd to me. I am assuming the "mom" is 18 since she works full time. First I thought maybe a teen with a child but it doesn't seem to fit. Guess I will find out tomorrow. Just hoping I don't have to pull the plug before they do lol.
Josiegirl 04:01 AM 09-20-2014
Good Luck!!
Nowadays there seems to be lots of different family living arrangements. I'm sure meeting and talking in person will offer you more clues as to what the fit would feel like.
DaveA 07:07 AM 09-20-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:

I do address that per state licensing I can only discuss child matters with parent or legal guardians.
I do the same. Just explain even though you're happy to have Grandma involved in the child's life, the parent/ guardian is who I have to work with on decisions. If Mom and Grandma want to talk it over great, but I have to deal with Mom.

Good Luck
Thriftylady 09:19 AM 09-20-2014
Well right now they are 15 minutes late and I haven't heard from them debating if I should call or not.
LadyK8 07:53 AM 09-21-2014
Update?
Blackcat31 07:56 AM 09-21-2014
Originally Posted by LadyK8:
Update?
They no-showed her

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73746
Reply Up