Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fever question
Unregistered 05:50 PM 06-29-2015
I sent a few boys home today both with 102.9 and 102.1 fevers. How high is too high for a teething fever?
hope 06:11 PM 06-29-2015
Anything over 100.4 and I send home. I don't care if it's teething or not because there is really no way you can know exactly what is causing the fever. I have sent home many "teething" babies and have had a full house of feverish kids in the days to follow.
Blackcat31 08:18 PM 06-29-2015
Originally Posted by hope:
Anything over 100.4 and I send home. I don't care if it's teething or not because there is really no way you can know exactly what is causing the fever. I have sent home many "teething" babies and have had a full house of feverish kids in the days to follow.

...and continue to exclude until they are fever free without any meds for a full 24 hours.
childcaremom 02:31 AM 06-30-2015
Anything over 100.4 and I send home.

daycarediva 03:47 AM 06-30-2015
The cause of the symptoms aren't my concern. It's actually written in my handbook that I exclude for symptoms, not necessarily specific illnesses. Fever=symptom.
DaveA 04:02 AM 06-30-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
The cause of the symptoms aren't my concern. It's actually written in my handbook that I exclude for symptoms, not necessarily specific illnesses. Fever=symptom.
Same here. Anything 101 or over and they need to go home.
finsup 06:54 AM 06-30-2015
Yup, that's me too. After the last time of an 101.9 degree fever being "just teething" and allowing it, never again. "Teething" became very contagious! Should have trusted my instincts and doctors...rarely will a fever from teething produce anything over 100.4 and if it does? Oh well. Stay home. I am done figuring out the "cause" of the fever lol. If it's over 100.4 you stay home for 24 hours until it's gone regardless of what causes it. I had to learn that the hard way!
Reply Up