Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Teasing
Sunshine74 09:54 PM 06-29-2015
We have been having a problem in our group with teasing lately. It is usually the same 3 dcgs who are all almost 3, but not always. For example, one dcg loves to play with a particular baby doll. When she is playing with something else, on of the other dcgs will pick it up and call across the room, "H, I have your baby!" Or, the other day, we were outside and one dcg was done riding the tricycle and went to play on the playground. Another dcg got on the bike and rode closer to the playground and said, "M, look, I'm riding your bike!" I know they are just doing it to get a reaction out of the other dcks, and it does.

What we are doing right now is that the dck who is teasing has to give up that toy and go play with something else. But it isn't really helping.

Does anyone have any suggestions on something else we could do to stop the teasing?
Sunshine74 10:36 AM 06-30-2015
Edited for clarification.
daycarediva 10:54 AM 06-30-2015
"H I have your baby!"
"Oh how nice of you to find that for H." (take and hand to H)

If you can't eliminate that, I would remove the disputed toys, and if that didn't work, I would put them in time out.
Blackcat31 12:25 PM 06-30-2015
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
We have been having a problem in our group with teasing lately. It is usually the same 3 dcgs who are all almost 3, but not always. For example, one dcg loves to play with a particular baby doll. When she is playing with something else, on of the other dcgs will pick it up and call across the room, "H, I have your baby!" Or, the other day, we were outside and one dcg was done riding the tricycle and went to play on the playground. Another dcg got on the bike and rode closer to the playground and said, "M, look, I'm riding your bike!" I know they are just doing it to get a reaction out of the other dcks, and it does.

What we are doing right now is that the dck who is teasing has to give up that toy and go play with something else. But it isn't really helping.

Does anyone have any suggestions on something else we could do to stop the teasing?
I'd relegate the kids that are teasing to only a few "select" toys for the remainder of the day.

Of course those toys would be chosen by me and would be as unexciting as possible.
Reply Up