Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone done their CPR & First Aid online?
LovetheSun 02:24 AM 06-30-2015
Hello!

Have any of you did the required CRP and First Aid online?

I am curious on how well this done and wether or not the licensing approves!

Is much cheaper too... Ive done the CPR many times and thats why I would feel confortable doing it online (depending on how good the program is).
DaveA 04:16 AM 06-30-2015
Who are you taking it from?

I'm an American Heart Association CPR/ First Aid Instructor. I'll have to admit I don't remember much about our online Heartsaver stuff just because no one here really does it. If it is like the Healthcare Provider course you still have to complete a skills check with a training center or instructor. Not a big deal- AHA or Red Cross in your area should have a list of local training centers. If it is all online their might be some issues. In Illinois an online only course wouldn't count but one with online learning +skills check will. Not sure how CA handles it.
Rockgirl 04:39 AM 06-30-2015
In my state, we cannot count it toward our CPR/first aid training.
Annalee 05:20 AM 06-30-2015
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
In my state, we cannot count it toward our CPR/first aid training.
DHS allows us to complete some trainings online but CPR/First Aid is not acceptable online here either.
Leigh 08:13 AM 06-30-2015
I can do CPR and First Aid through the American Heart Association, and then go test with someone to get my certification. Basically, I get to skip the classroom and go straight to the test by doing classroom stuff online. I can't get a cert. without testing in-person.
Thriftylady 08:30 AM 06-30-2015
I had been wondering about this also.
Baby Beluga 02:17 PM 06-30-2015
I think it is dependent on the state and licensing requirements. I know in my state they do not accept online CPR/first aid certs.
284878 08:30 PM 07-01-2015
My state requires hands on class. But in there list of approved classes, there is a online class that is cheaper. I took it, since I had a current hands on cert. After I submitted my training I was told it didn't count and had to take a hands on class. (Hmmm why is the class on the approved list then?)
So make sure you ask before wasting your $$$
MarinaVanessa 10:07 PM 07-01-2015
I'm in CA and licensing here doesn't accept online classes, it has to be an in person class.
Reply Up