Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Air Conditioning Woes
Snowmom 06:24 PM 06-29-2015
I'm sure I'm not the only person who deals with parents chatting with my door open or saying super long goodbyes while letting all my precious cool air/money out the front door.
I made this today as a bright 5x7 red reminder and I thought I'd share if anyone else needs it too!
Attached: Air ON.jpg (117.4 KB) 
AmyKidsCo 06:50 PM 06-29-2015
Love it!

My parents have learned to look before opening the door, then come in and close it quickly - otherwise one of the cats is likely to rocket past to get outside.
Baby Beluga 02:25 PM 06-30-2015
I may need to steal this
sylviacorbett 09:56 PM 07-01-2015
This one is really funny! I really know how it feels when your parents leave the door open even after knowing your air conditioner is on. I had once asked my ac repair guy whether there can be some kind of automation done so that the air conditioner will switch off immediately a door is left open for more than 5 minutes! Your idea is a super cool one! But will parents even pay attention to such reminders?
DaveA 04:39 AM 07-02-2015
I've got a 2y/o DCB who could make Houdini look like an amateur, so I tell parents to make sure they close the door regardless.
laundrymom 11:21 AM 07-02-2015
I've just come out and said, hey Pat, I'm really trying not to increase fees. Could you close the door? The air is on.
Snowmom 01:14 PM 07-03-2015
I put it on the inside by my door handle and the kids got a kick out of the "stop sign". When I told them what it said and why, they had a heyday telling mom & dad ALL WEEK LONG to "close the door because the stop sign says so".

So, it worked.

I've asked over and over again for parents and children to close the door when they enter and still... they never do.
But, I do like the idea of tying it to raising (or not raising) my rates. I wonder how that would go over!
Tags:air conditioning
Reply Up