Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sick Kids?
Unregistered 06:25 AM 08-20-2010
I have a family that I care for dcg3 and dcb5..On wednesday dcg was running a temp and both were coughing like crazy..I call dcd to pick them up and he ended up taking them to the doctor..He called and told me both kids had pnemonia and that the doctor said to let them rest for 3 days and take antibiotics..They did not come to daycare yesterday, however I got a text message from dcm that she planned on bringing them today..I texted her back and told her that told her I thought it would be best if she kept them home today..I just had a new family start yesterday and did not want to risk the chance of them getting sick right off the bat. I know about being on antibiotics and being fever free for 24 hours, but these kids are ALWAYS sick. I want to protect the other daycare kids and my own family. I hate to inconvenience family's and try to keep my family's happy, so I don't lose them. Did I do the right thing by asking them to keep their kids home???
Thanks
MN Mom 09:46 AM 08-20-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a family that I care for dcg3 and dcb5..On wednesday dcg was running a temp and both were coughing like crazy..I call dcd to pick them up and he ended up taking them to the doctor..He called and told me both kids had pnemonia and that the doctor said to let them rest for 3 days and take antibiotics..They did not come to daycare yesterday, however I got a text message from dcm that she planned on bringing them today..I texted her back and told her that told her I thought it would be best if she kept them home today..I just had a new family start yesterday and did not want to risk the chance of them getting sick right off the bat. I know about being on antibiotics and being fever free for 24 hours, but these kids are ALWAYS sick. I want to protect the other daycare kids and my own family. I hate to inconvenience family's and try to keep my family's happy, so I don't lose them. Did I do the right thing by asking them to keep their kids home???
Thanks
You absolutely did the right thing, as per the docs orders in bold. 3 days of REST and antibiotics. I don't care what parents think, kids never rest as well at daycare as they do at home with mom and dad.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 10:10 AM 08-20-2010
If dr said three days of rest on wed then they shouldnt even dare to bring them until monday. Period. Unless you do weekend care. 3 days is 3 days, period.
Tags:sick
Reply Up