Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Curious on 2 week notice
tenderhearts 09:27 AM 01-19-2017
I was curious how others do their 2 week notice for days off. Do you just do 14 days from the day including weekends or only Monday through friday days?
TXhomedaycare 09:34 AM 01-19-2017
I do 14 days including weekends
daycarediva 09:54 AM 01-19-2017
I allow notice on Fridays only. It must be written, it must include the final two weeks of care up front.

Makes it an easy/clean break. Payment is done, it is two full weeks of care, and the end date is clear.
Blackcat31 10:02 AM 01-19-2017
I have a form they print off and submit to me with the payment for notice of withdrawal.

I accept notices on Fridays only like Diva said ^ and I require payment in full for the final two weeks WITH the notice. (unless I already have a deposit on file)

If I am terming I just want them gone so I'll term immediately and not require any additional payments.
(I would refund the deposit if the family had paid one)
Just go.
tenderhearts 10:14 AM 01-19-2017
Ok thanks, I'm actually referring to a day that they wont be coming for a vacation day or days
AmyKidsCo 11:13 AM 01-19-2017
I count 2 business weeks, regardless of vacation days, holidays, or attendance.
Snowmom 02:38 PM 01-19-2017
I require 2 full weeks notice (14 calendar days), which they can give me at any time. But I do not prorate or refund any monies paid; deposits or weekly fees.
nanglgrl 05:07 PM 01-19-2017
I don't require it. I just realized the clients that are leaving because of a move, job change, etc. and are in good standing always give me much more than a two week notice. It's the clients that are a PITA that don't and I want them gone ASAP so I don't require it. It also seems like these are the clients that try to bend every policy that last 2 weeks or make false claims against the daycare because they're mad they have to pay for the 2 weeks. I just avoid them all together. Everyone pays in advance so I'm never out money for the time I worked. Every blue moon a client terms and I'm stuck with an open spot for a while but it all works out in the end.
Blackcat31 06:56 AM 01-20-2017
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
Ok thanks, I'm actually referring to a day that they wont be coming for a vacation day or days
Oh so you mean how do we handle two week notices FROM PARENTS in regards to their time off?

I don't require parents to give me notice of time off or vacations other than submitting their schedule the Friday before the upcoming week.

All my clients pay the same weekly rate 52 weeks a year regardless of absences or closed days.
daycarediva 08:29 AM 01-20-2017
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Oh so you mean how do we handle two week notices FROM PARENTS in regards to their time off?

I don't require parents to give me notice of time off or vacations other than submitting their schedule the Friday before the upcoming week.

All my clients pay the same weekly rate 52 weeks a year regardless of absences or closed days.

It was actually pretty obvious what was asked when I re-read the post. OOPS! SORRY!

Same as BC. WHEN I allowed vacation, they provided one MONTH notice for 5 consecutive days with no charge.
Reply Up