Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Walmart Cubby Measurements?
mommiebookworm 10:02 AM 01-10-2017
Does anyone have the Walmart version of the Ikea cube organizer? If so, would you mind telling me the inside measurements for one shelf? I'm planning on re-doing the daycare room in the next month. And, Ikea is sadly too far away.
Thanks
Blackcat31 10:13 AM 01-10-2017
Originally Posted by mommiebookworm:
Does anyone have the Walmart version of the Ikea cube organizer? If so, would you mind telling me the inside measurements for one shelf? I'm planning on re-doing the daycare room in the next month. And, Ikea is sadly too far away.
Thanks
Like these? The overall dimensions or the individual cube dimensions?

Blackcat31 10:14 AM 01-10-2017
Inside one cube the dimensions are 11.25" x 11.25"
mommiebookworm 01:38 PM 01-10-2017
Thanks BC!

Sumshine 03:24 PM 01-10-2017
I have a few from walmart and I bought them in store and bought the bins located right next to them but they are spendy! About $3.80 per bin plus the cost of the shelves! My all time favorite toy organizer/keeper is the ikea trofast. I have a big one that looks like a set of stairs and it's a great organizer with bins included!!! We are pretty far from an ikea as well and I ordered online and got it within a week
mommiebookworm 08:04 PM 01-10-2017
I just looked at the Ikea trofast. I like how the bins slide out like drawers. Hmmm, I have to figure out how i really want to use whatever i decide on.
mommiebookworm 08:17 PM 01-10-2017
I just looked at the Ikea trofast. I like how the bins slide out like drawers. Hmmm, I have to figure out how i really want to use them.
Sumshine 11:51 AM 01-11-2017
It holds the majority of my toys! I label the bins and put play food, cars, barbies, train tracks, music and sensory play items, dinosaur, barn animals, etc. I place the barn, doll house, and bins for smaller blocks, electronics, and marble run on top of it so kids need me to in order to play with them it is so far extremely durable the kids have emptied and sat on bins and overloaded a few and it's held up great it's also very sturdy and came with a wall anchor! I only use the walmart cubbies for stuffed animals, large toys, misc toys, and baby toys. I use 2 walmart cubbies and a gate in between to block off my infant only sleeping and play area and the changing table from the kids! Works out great!
Blackcat31 12:34 PM 01-11-2017
Originally Posted by mommiebookworm:
I just looked at the Ikea trofast. I like how the bins slide out like drawers. Hmmm, I have to figure out how i really want to use them.
I have several of the Trofast and while I do like them, the edges of the plastic where the bins slide in and out have broken or the bins get broken because the kiddos couldn't manage putting them back in on their own.

They last longer if YOU take the bins in and out of the slides yourself. The bins themselves aren't the best quality in comparison to Rubbermaid but I still prefer the Trofast as the actual units themselves aren't as sharp as the Walmart cube ones.

I have two of the kinds from Walmart but I skipped the cloth cubes and bought plastic bins from Target made for the cube shelving. They are much sturdier and I am able to attach labels to them. The bins look like this:

Sumshine 06:32 PM 01-11-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have several of the Trofast and while I do like them, the edges of the plastic where the bins slide in and out have broken or the bins get broken because the kiddos couldn't manage putting them back in on their own.

They last longer if YOU take the bins in and out of the slides yourself. The bins themselves aren't the best quality in comparison to Rubbermaid but I still prefer the Trofast as the actual units themselves aren't as sharp as the Walmart cube ones.

I have two of the kinds from Walmart but I skipped the cloth cubes and bought plastic bins from Target made for the cube shelving. They are much sturdier and I am able to attach labels to them. The bins look like this:

I like the idea of a plastic bin for the cubbies! I never knew they made them! Once my cloth ones get gross and worn down I may switch! I am a labeling freak so attaching a label will be a great bonus!

I have to really watch the younger ones with the bins too. I try to always put them away for them once they load them up with the toys and whenever one tries they don't get them on right that's forsure!
Blackcat31 06:52 PM 01-11-2017
Originally Posted by Sumshine:
I am a labeling freak so...
*waves hand excitedly*

I am currently addicted to this site

The plastic cubes are sold at most Target stores but just in case you don't live near one or prefer to shop on-line here is the link. They come in 4 "color" options and are $5.99 each
http://www.target.com/p/plastic-cube...50#sn-50253250
Tags:cubby, walmart
Reply Up