Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Website?
SilverSabre25 06:17 PM 09-14-2010
I'm thinking of setting up a website for my daycare. If you have a website for yours, what's on it? Is it useful? Can I see it?
MN Mom 06:24 PM 09-14-2010
I do not have a day care website (as my short stint with being a provider was not a long term plan). I am, however, almost finished with my AAS in Web Development. If you need any help, or suggestions with your layout..or questions about XHTML / CSS, some PHP and JavaScript experience also , please feel free to PM me. I built and maintain a gaming website(community), for an online game I play, which you can check out at http://shahrazadguild.com.

I feel websites are a wonderful way to promote any type of business, especially in this high-tech world we live in. Just make sure you are able to make it compliant with mini-devices such as iPods, Androids, Blackberry, and iPhone.
Michael 06:25 PM 09-14-2010
Some older posts of websites: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=website
SunflowerMama 06:50 PM 09-14-2010
I get a lot of comments about my site and I love having it. I can just send people there for all the info about my program. They really like it.
WImom 07:37 PM 09-14-2010
I also get lots of comments on my website. Parents like seeing what my program is all about before the interviews. www.sproutswi.com
Christophina 05:30 AM 09-15-2010
Here is my website. It is kind of new, but I have gotten some compliments on it already. www.ChristinasFamilyDaycare.weebly.com
seashell 06:50 AM 09-15-2010
Here's mine. It's a free site via Webstarts.

http://gigglepatch.webstarts.com/
PAMommy1228 09:34 AM 09-15-2010
For me I just have a blog site from blogger. I figured it was a way to keep all the parents informed of our day. I have not kept up on it, and still in the works. I wanted to get it all nice before I showed my parents.

But on there I put different pages with policies, hours, contact info. And an area for the menu for the month.

I plan on updating it daily or weekly when it's up and running, so the parents can check in and see what's going on.

Since I do have some info on there, and I did a keyword section I have received many calls asking for care, so it's a nice way to get some business flowing.
newtodaycare22 09:38 AM 09-15-2010
www.bowiebuildingblocks.com
emosks 09:51 AM 09-15-2010
Here is ours

http://aplacetogrowchildcare.wordpress.com/

It has all of our info from our handbook so that people don't have so many questions if/when they come for an interview.
DBug 09:54 AM 09-15-2010
Here's mine:www.doodlebugs.tk

I used www.wix.com for the free site, and www.dot.tk for the free domain. I've gotten so much business through my site, it's not funny! Totally worth the time and energy put into it!
kendallina 02:54 PM 09-15-2010
Here's my website...

www.oxfordfamilypreschool.weebly.com

There are some areas that are not complete yet, as I've just started. Also, you won't be able to get to the parent corner or parent forums area (I have a few parents that are wary of the internet, so I won't give out the password). But, in the parents corner area, it's basically set up like a blog and I post once a week with pictures and info about our week. The parent forum's area is just like this forum, where we talk about themes, special activities/outings, etc.

By the way, I LOVE using weebly. You can use it for free, but I chose to pay the $30/year to have the upgraded features. It's extremely easy to use.
marniewon 06:29 PM 09-15-2010
Originally Posted by kendallina:
Here's my website...

www.oxfordfamilypreschool.weebly.com

There are some areas that are not complete yet, as I've just started. Also, you won't be able to get to the parent corner or parent forums area (I have a few parents that are wary of the internet, so I won't give out the password). But, in the parents corner area, it's basically set up like a blog and I post once a week with pictures and info about our week. The parent forum's area is just like this forum, where we talk about themes, special activities/outings, etc.

By the way, I LOVE using weebly. You can use it for free, but I chose to pay the $30/year to have the upgraded features. It's extremely easy to use.
I thought when you upgraded (started paying) with weebly that gave you your own domain name...?
kidkair 07:34 PM 09-15-2010
kid.kair.webs.com
kendallina 08:57 AM 09-16-2010
Originally Posted by marniewon:
I thought when you upgraded (started paying) with weebly that gave you your own domain name...?
No, you have the pay separately for that. And I can't remember how much it was, but it was too much to make it worth it to me.
SilverSabre25 09:28 PM 09-18-2010
Here's my website! Thanks for all the suggestions and peeks at your own pages! They helped me a lot in deciding on the design and layout of my own. I went with Weebly and was very impressed with how simple it was to use.
kendallina 06:27 AM 09-19-2010
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Here's my website! Thanks for all the suggestions and peeks at your own pages! They helped me a lot in deciding on the design and layout of my own. I went with Weebly and was very impressed with how simple it was to use.
Love your site! Template is great and you put a lot of fantastic information on there. I hope your spots get filled quickly! You're in Ohio too! Isn't it great that we don't need a license if we have less than 6 children? Do you think you'll get the Type B license at some point?
SilverSabre25 09:59 AM 09-19-2010
Originally Posted by kendallina:
Love your site! Template is great and you put a lot of fantastic information on there. I hope your spots get filled quickly! You're in Ohio too! Isn't it great that we don't need a license if we have less than 6 children? Do you think you'll get the Type B license at some point?
Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I do love that we can have 6 kids with no license. I have been looking into getting registered with Action for Children...is that they Type B license you're talking about? I also might upgrade to a Type A someday once DH gets his teaching license and is home all summer...
dianadaycare 01:48 PM 09-22-2010
Hello,

I found this website and is really great. I have my own daycare website http://www.dianadaycare.com but right now I am about to change the layout soon.

I will post here maybe I can get some good advices - well I am sure I will get some

Thanks.
Tags:website
Reply Up