Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I think I am Going to Have to Terminate a Family
sahm2three 11:57 AM 06-14-2010
That same boy who is constantly hitting is at it again today. Super mouthy and just plain disrespectful. I hate to terminate because he has three brothers who are great. I can't take much more of him though. Wow!
My4SunshineGirlsNY 12:13 PM 06-14-2010
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
That same boy who is constantly hitting is at it again today. Super mouthy and just plain disrespectful. I hate to terminate because he has three brothers who are great. I can't take much more of him though. Wow!
I have been there before!! I had to terminate a 4 year old boy a few months ago because he was hitting, pushing, pulling other kids' hair and shouting at all my daycare kids and my own kids. He had kicked at me when I changed his diaper (yah, he was 4 and in diapers)...every day he had this anger to him when he was told no. I couldn't take it anymore.

I hung on by a thread for 2 months with him and finally one day I couldn't take it any longer, text his mom (who knew he has behavior issues, he was kicked out of a previous daycare) and I told her "I'm sorry, things are not getting better and it's a safety risk to my other daycare children".
We ended it there. I think she was upset, not so much at me, but knowing she has a child that won't cooperate at daycare. The worst terminations are those parents that don't feel their child has an issue.
momofboys 06:05 AM 06-15-2010
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
That's a hard call but it sounds like he is causing a lot of chaos/stress in your life & the life of the other kids in your DC. Do you have anyone on a waiting list?
Tags:bullying, terminate
Reply Up